Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read in another thread the German version says for the Caritas that they take effect "as usual, after the phase in which it was built!)"

but the English Rio Grande clearly says it takes effect immediately and therefore is included in the current phase

So is this an error in the English version or did they purposely change they way the Caritas work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make any official verification, but you should draw a parallel to the other building-buildings. I don't think Carpenter or Poor House work on themselves immediately after they're bought, so the Caritas should follow that trend.

Perhaps "take effect immediately" means exactly that, but it's subtle: after it's built, it can't lend effect to itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote and asked Jay when I found out, and he confirmed that it was a mistake in the English edition, but there has ben no official erratta yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
l-hansen wrote:
I wrote and asked Jay when I found out, and he confirmed that it was a mistake in the English edition, but there has ben no official erratta yet.

Ok thanks, so it should be like the others and not count until the following round. I'll update my rules sheet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.