Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: OMG I finally won!! :):) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
I was starting to think it wasn't possible. (I really don't get those threads about it being too easy...shake)

It ended with Brother Deino in the Launch Control Room, with 1 token on the Control Panel, and a lot of lucky Intimidate rolls to keep the swarms at bay. Took me 3 rolls to get the 1 I needed to win.

I'm so happy right now.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was a gutsy play. I wouldn't have attempted the roll with less than 3 tokens on the control panel.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I figured it was a 1 in 3 chance, and the more rounds I had to go to activate, something else, activate the more the swarms would build up and I couldn't defend successfully that long. I can definitely see wanting to get more on there when there is another team so you can alternate activating and more quickly build up tokens.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
++Incoming Transmission++
Level Red.

Blood Angels Mission Briefing 7363-1.

Brother Deino:
Xeno activity confirmed in sector 119x3g4.
Travel immediately to the planet Aqua Atra and join with the Descending Hammer of Judgement terminator assault squad for immediate assault on the space hulk ++Reflections of Penance++ via boarding torpedo.

Your objective is to destroy the Holy Prometheum Tanks. Initital scouts reported heavy resistance before we lost contact.

Estimates: 34% chance of mission success with 100% squad casualties.

It is better that all shall die than one xeno shall live.

++End Transmission++
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job. I'm looking forward to the day I finally win.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Horace Silver: The Cape Verdean Blues || Horace Parlan: Happy Frame of Mind || Dexter Gordon: Doin' Allright || Hank Mobley: Roll Call
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Took me 3 rolls to get the 1 I needed to win.

That's pretty good. I'm assuming Brother Deino didn't hang out there for 6 turns to get the 3 rolls. Did you have somebody else alternating Move\Activate actions with him to try and work the panel?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Powell
Ukraine
Berdyansk
flag msg tools
I'm in my prime.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats. You won after how many plays?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Horace Silver: The Cape Verdean Blues || Horace Parlan: Happy Frame of Mind || Dexter Gordon: Doin' Allright || Hank Mobley: Roll Call
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
Well I figured it was a 1 in 3 chance, and the more rounds I had to go to activate, something else, activate the more the swarms would build up and I couldn't defend successfully that long. I can definitely see wanting to get more on there when there is another team so you can alternate activating and more quickly build up tokens.

Yeah, the pressure dictates how many tokens you can afford to put on. I've won it with 1 token once, and 2 tokens a couple of times. Things are usually heating up enough by then that burning a Move/Activate just to bump the odds from 50% to 67% doesn't seem worth it. I'd hate to put on 3 or 4 tokens and miss.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
ukraineboo wrote:
Congrats. You won after how many plays?

I think this was probably in the range of 8-10.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
oriecat wrote:
Took me 3 rolls to get the 1 I needed to win.

That's pretty good. I'm assuming Brother Deino didn't hang out there for 6 turns to get the 3 rolls. Did you have somebody else alternating Move\Activate actions with him to try and work the panel?

He went in with Lorenzo but he died quickly so Deino was alone for the majority of it. Without Intimidate, there was no way it would have worked, that saved me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mbmbmb
Has anyone played the Deathleaper Hive Lord location?

It is actually one of the easiest levels.

Have drawn it twice and both times killed it on my first turn (once with Leon killing all three in the DL position, and once with Lorenzo counter-attacking two in the DL position).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
oriecat wrote:
Well I figured it was a 1 in 3 chance, and the more rounds I had to go to activate, something else, activate the more the swarms would build up and I couldn't defend successfully that long. I can definitely see wanting to get more on there when there is another team so you can alternate activating and more quickly build up tokens.

Yeah, the pressure dictates how many tokens you can afford to put on. I've won it with 1 token once, and 2 tokens a couple of times. Things are usually heating up enough by then that burning a Move/Activate just to bump the odds from 50% to 67% doesn't seem worth it. I'd hate to put on 3 or 4 tokens and miss.

I believe the way it works out, it's always worth putting the first support token (unless you aren't going to live to activate it again). After that, if you roll 3 or more times, you would have had better odds by placing more support tokens.

So basically, try to start rolling 2 activations before you think you're going to die. If you are surviving by intimidate and lucky defense rolls, it's time to start rolling.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Horace Silver: The Cape Verdean Blues || Horace Parlan: Happy Frame of Mind || Dexter Gordon: Doin' Allright || Hank Mobley: Roll Call
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nssxxx wrote:
Has anyone played the Deathleaper Hive Lord location?

Which expansion is that in?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dypaca
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
nssxxx wrote:
Has anyone played the Deathleaper Hive Lord location?

Which expansion is that in?

The hive lords are in the Tyranid enemy pack. That one is basically an easier version of the Brood Lord location.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Binney
United Kingdom
skipton
north yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
am i in the minority that succeeds on first play of the game? i played a two-player game where i played purple and yellow with other player being grey and blue. we lost only 3 of the 8 space marines with 2 of those dying in the last round before our victory. cant wait for game 2!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
panterasam wrote:
am i in the minority that succeeds on first play of the game? i played a two-player game where i played purple and yellow with other player being grey and blue. we lost only 3 of the 8 space marines with 2 of those dying in the last round before our victory. cant wait for game 2!


It seems unlikely that you would only lose 3 but if you get really lucky with cards and rolls it's certainly possible. That however would be cheating since "Good luck" is not allowed in this souless, nail biting, dice hating, non-apple-pie-loving, demon of a game.

All kidding aside, being that it's your first play I would double check to make sure you did everything correctly but otherwise congrats.

Also remember you don't ever really "win" at Space Hulk, you merely delay death 1 more day.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Binney
United Kingdom
skipton
north yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Also remember you don't ever really "win" at Space Hulk, you merely delay death 1 more day" - love it.

i've checked the rules entirely. i'm now up to 4 wins to 3 losses. i did get rather lucky with a lot of rolls and with kills. for example, as soon as we lost our first character, the next event card was the one to resurrect him albeit in a different position on the formation. read other threads on here for common mistakes made and it seems everything went down successfully. take that blood lords! here's to surviving one more day
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.