Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Sommer
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Can you knock your own totem off intentionally, so that you can elect to end up with shots near the end? We played that you could.

2) If two opposing totems are knocked off in the same shot, one belonging to the the shooter and one belonging to their opponent, in which order are the rocks played? We randomized it, but it feels like the non-shooting player should get final "position."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Hi Rich--

We also play that you can knock your own totem off intentionally--it's more fun (and somewhat more strategic) that way.

It certainly seems like the fair and reasonable way to handle situation #2 is that the non-shooting player should get final "position"-- just as you suggest.

Caveman Curling, especially with adding the black sheep and third clan, is really conducive to and meant to be played with agreed-upon "House Rules".

As written, the basic rules are meant to be simple and straightforward. Clearly the spirit of this game is for it to be light-hearted. But just like any sporting match (golf comes immediately to mind) and the way we play bocce here at home, too, this is a game that benefits by those agreed-upon house rules mentioned above.

Thanks for your interest and enjoy Caveman Curling!

Rick Soued, for Gryphon Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick,

Any plans to release colors for 3 and 4 players? I know I personally would appreciate this..or perhaps a source for the matching discs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.