Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wendigo song
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My particular gaming group has taken off and we have begun having some really good Arkham Horror games. We've even made our own characters to liven things up. We are playing with a certain theme to the game and as such we were looking for more Serpent People to enhance that theme and I was hoping that someone out there would be willing to part with their Serpent People. I have the base game and I would be willing to offer: Shoggoth, Dimensional Shamblers, Fire Vampires, Flying Polyps, The Black Man, and Chthonians for them. Anyone interested please do not hesitate to PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that, since Serpent People are Evasive, you WILL be making your set much easier to defeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've created an Ancient One that makes them kinda bada$$ but we need more of them to really get the theme kicking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could say "All Cultists are Serpent People" like Yig's card does...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
You could say "All Cultists are Serpent People" like Yig's card does...

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could...but it just really isn't the same and the monster marker for Serpent People just looks awesome. Makes me wish that they would allow you to purchase game components for Arkham Horror a la carte. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
It's all about the theme!
mbmbmbmbmb
Copy the picture of the Serpent people from arkham horror wikipedia.
Use strange eons to add the stats
Paste them over monster markers you don't think are so awesome. (Like all the Dark Young of which there are too many.

I have protected all my monsters with a packing tape fold. This also allows be to change whatever I want.

Don't ask for pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestion, but I suck at making DIY components. From what I heard, I thought people would be willing to trade Serpent People because they were deemed unpopular, but I guess people just like them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I rather like the elusive creatures. The actually make our games a little tougher since we sometime have problems finding them when we are sweeping the streets to avoid clearing the outskirts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
say "em-cee-crispy"
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frantic Ferret wrote:
I rather like the elusive creatures. The actually make our games a little tougher since we sometime have problems finding them when we are sweeping the streets to avoid clearing the outskirts.
Good grief! If the number of Elusive Monsters you have on the board makes a difference, you sure have a load more of them than I ever see (no pun intended)! Which I guess brings us rather neatly back to harlemsushi's OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always seem to play with 5, so we've got double monsters showing up out of the gates. We usually end nearly every game with the outskirts emptying at least a couple of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
say "em-cee-crispy"
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frantic Ferret wrote:
We always seem to play with 5, so we've got double monsters showing up out of the gates. We usually end nearly every game with the outskirts emptying at least a couple of times.
I play with a minimum of five players/Investigators so I experience the additional Monsters. It's not Monster numbers that are the issue, but the proportion that are Elusive that surprises me. But then we always seem to have at least one Nightgaunt fluttering around the place so oddities do happen.

BTW, I think 5 players is a particularly vicious game because you get the extra monsters and you get the changes in limits from the 4-player game. It just makes it slightly nastier. Even numbers of Investigators are always easier than the preceding odd number because of the similar effects. I will say that I have no experience with fewer than 5 so I don't know whether this holds true below 5 (I doubt it somehow)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.