Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of you gotten a chance to see the new BSG: Blood and Chrome trailer?

What do you all think? I am ready for a more action packed story.

Who knows maybe will we will see a new BSG game down the road.

EDIT: Try this link if it is down on YouTube. NBC took down the other I believe.

Also, you may want to turn your volume down!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willie Illie
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really hoping I didn't just watch the entire special effects budget for the series.

gulp

EDIT: guess I should say "pilot" instead of "series". Wikipedia article about Blood and Chrome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you!
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, saw this last night and can't stop watching it. Frakkin great trailer! I miss having BSG or Caprica to watch every week sooo bad.

I keep seeing that Syfy still isn't sure if Blood and Chrome is just gonna be like a webseries or TV movie, etc. With as good as it looks, I hope they decide to pick it up for a full series. Looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
Yeah, saw this last night and can't stop watching it. Frakkin great trailer! I miss having BSG or Caprica to watch every week sooo bad.

I keep seeing that Syfy still isn't sure if Blood and Chrome is just gonna be like a webseries or TV movie, etc. With as good as it looks, I hope they decide to pick it up for a full series. Looks great!

Exactly... I hope this generates enough interest to get a full show series going. I wish they had done this first instead of Caprica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YAAAAY!!!.. New FFG Expansion!!!!devil

eventually!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trailer on YouTube blocked by NBC Universal, so it looks like they're on top of things too. I'll see if I can check it out somewhere else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would think they would actually want to advertise this...

How about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I hate trailers that just flash split-second images without showing anything long enough for even a little context. Now get off my lawn!

In general, I'm excited about the possibility of a new BSG series, but wary of what I see in the trailer. It wasn't the combat that made the BSG remake great, and that was the entire focus of the trailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Westberg
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So apparently Raptors haven't changed much in 40 years? Interesting.

And I'm fine with some action. I tried watching Caprica and more or less fell asleep. The pacing was completely off in that series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheFlatline wrote:
So apparently Raptors haven't changed much in 40 years? Interesting.

In the reimagined series the BS Galactica was going to be decommissioned as a museum. The Vipers you see in the first few seasons, except for Apollo's are all leftovers from the first war.

However you have a point about the raptors. Not sure if they are a bit more "outdated" in this prequel series or not. From one glimpse in the debris field, it does look a bit "older", but the armed raptor looks very similar maybe a bit longer length wise (00:15), except its payload is below the wings instead of above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steye
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks frakkin' awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IGN has an article up on how this is being shelved. Sometime in the future well be able to see the pilot but the series is dead on SyFy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that was quick. :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rain
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
IGN has an article up on how this is being shelved. Sometime in the future well be able to see the pilot but the series is dead on SyFy.

Always good practice to provide a link to such an article when you mention it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainstar wrote:
Vollick1979 wrote:

I don't see a link to "Good Internet Practices".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
Rainstar wrote:
Vollick1979 wrote:

I don't see a link to "Good Internet Practices".

I thought Canadians were nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know how reputable this site is, and they don't provide any links to a source of their information, but this is the article that IGN sourced: http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/battlestar-galactica-blood-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Rule #1 is that you don't talk about citing sources.

http://weblogs.about.com/od/bloggingethics/tp/Top3BloggingRu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, these are some of the things I'd like to see (as well as other sci-fi fans I'm sure)....

Sure watching Luke achieve jedihood and Leia gain about 10 levels in diplomat are classic, but the Clone Wars really revitalized and opened up the SW universe. Nice to see large groups of jedi knights slicing and dicing.

Watching things unfold and history be rewritten as both humans and machines go back in time can be fascinating *, but the direct war against the machines and Skynet would've been unique. No more sneaking around.... see metal, shoot metal.

Ditto on showing the Romulan Vulcan conflict

Now we've got a previous cylon war. Who would've thought that poor, tired Adama had a huge series of adventures before it all happened? Here, it'd be fun to watch more than a couple of Battlestars in action. And for now, I'm voting for 'chrome' robot

* up until Fox cancels stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Don't know how reputable this site is, and they don't provide any links to a source of their information, but this is the article that IGN sourced: http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/battlestar-galactica-blood-a...

At least we get to see the pilot in the next year or too. I assume the cost is probably just too high for SeeFee. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SW_Cygnus wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:

At least we get to see the pilot in the next year or too. I assume the cost is probably just too high for SeeFee. yuk

Based on the article, it seemed like cost less of an issue than post-production length. The trailer looks good, sure. But it seems like they took 13 months to deliver 2 hours of material, in the form of the supposed pilot. That's unsustainable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TV and Science Fiction don't work. The target audience is too small and the production costs are too high. Even the semi-science fiction that networks are peddling aren't much more than self-contained episodes that have a police/medicine plot with a light dusting of super-natural and that's because any more of the science-fiction dust and the ratings tank. Look what happened to Lost when time travel was brought into the equation.

I would love to see Blood and Chrome but it will never be as a tv series. Maybe we will get to see it as a mini-series and that would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
TV and Science Fiction don't work. The target audience is too small and the production costs are too high. Even the semi-science fiction that networks are peddling aren't much more than self-contained episodes that have a police/medicine plot with a light dusting of super-natural and that's because any more of the science-fiction dust and the ratings tank. Look what happened to Lost when time travel was brought into the equation.

Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Trek on a good day...

Good SF has been done on TV, with moderate success, but it's not common any more than any other good drama is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.