Popular Tags: [View All]
MGAC California
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Greg and Brian,

This is Mike from Mike's Games and Collectibles. I had the booth next to yours at ConQuest Sac. I played a demo and I thought the game was really fun. I bought one and brought it home and my wife and I played. We discovered something that kept coming up during our 2-player game.

The unused color won 3 out of 5 games.

I'm not sure if we were missing something or not. For some reason, placing the unused color tended to bunch up that color and give it an advantage. Does the unused color start on the two starting places like the player colors?

Thanks.

M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Powers
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike,
Yes, the 3rd player starts the game with two toppings and then adds one per turn.

The beauty of it is that the 3rd player can win if you're not careful, although in my experience they usually don't.

Assuming you are playing correctly, if they are winning 60% of the time it's a sign that you're either playing too aggressive & cut throat (by attacking your human opponent and allowing the 3rd player to win), or are overlooking some part of the basic strategy.

Since the ghost players cutter is always placed before the players choose where to cut the pizza, you should generally be able to ensure that the 3rd player never wins any slices.

Hope that helps,
Greg Powers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
Auburn
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds good.

We'll give it another shot tonight. It seemed like we were forgetting something. One of the things we forgot about was the safety rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.