BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the information released by the police today, Trayvon was the aggressor.

Quote:
With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law-enforcement authorities told the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say. There have been no reports that a witness saw the initial punch Zimmerman told police about.

I'm sure an apology from the race-mongers to Mr. Zimmerman will be forthcoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Living rent-free in your head!
badge
mb
There is no emoticon that can properly express my thoughts about this:

Quote:
Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks
Records: Late teenager's kin filed pair of applications last week

MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.

Sybrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In both instances, Fulton, 46, is seeking the trademarks for use on “Digital materials, namely, CDs and DVDs featuring Trayvon Martin,” and other products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
According to the information released by the police today, Trayvon was the aggressor.

Quote:
With a single punch, Trayvon Martin decked the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who eventually shot and killed the unarmed 17-year-old, then Trayvon climbed on top of George Zimmerman and slammed his head into the sidewalk, leaving him bloody and battered, law-enforcement authorities told the Orlando Sentinel.

That is the account Zimmerman gave police, and much of it has been corroborated by witnesses, authorities say. There have been no reports that a witness saw the initial punch Zimmerman told police about.

Well, gosh, I guess his version of events supports his version of events, so everybody owes him an apology.

I still say the police response appears less than ideal, and that - along with the law that makes lethal self-defense in a public place a first, rather than last, resort - are the real problems here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Quote:

Well, gosh, I guess his version of events supports his version of events, so everybody owes him an apology.

I still say the police response appears less than ideal, and that - along with the law that makes lethal self-defense in a public place a first, rather than last, resort - are the real problems here.

Look at the bolded part please. It's not just "his version of events."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Quote:

Look at the bolded part please. It's not just "his version of events."

I read your bolded part. Now you read mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's certainly true, but considering where Zimmerman and witness reported Trayvon being during the altercation (on top of Zimmerman beating the crap out of him) it seems to follow fairly logically. If this were some crazed racist looking to gun down a black kid, I don't think he lets him get on top and bloody him up before firing the shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it interesting that no one here has mentioned the $10,000 bounty placed on the head of Mr. Zimmerman by the New Black Panthers.

What's up with that? Where is the outrage by the President of the United States? Why is this man, Mr. Mikhail Muhammad, still the head of an American-based organization that has called for the assassination of another American on American soil not thrown in jail for inciting violence?

If Zimmerman should be arrested due to a well correographed media-based conviction, then Mr. Muhammad should rot in jail for twice as long!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So the New Black Panther Party is offering a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman, "Dead or Alive". Professional race-baiters like Sharpton and Jackson are organizing rallies, Spike Lee gives everyone Zimmerman's home address, quite obviously in an attempt to intimidate or call for violence, Leftists in the media are blaming Republicans, idiots on Facebook and celebrity news-whores are posting pictures of themselves in hoodies in a show of some kind of support . . .

So what happens if Zimmerman is found not guilty? What happens to all the emotion that these race-baiters have whipped up. Does it sag like a heavy load?

Or does it explode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Chris, this Justice Department doesn't go after the Black Panthers. Their anger is justified don't you know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
chrisnd wrote:
I find it interesting that no one here has mentioned the $10,000 bounty placed on the head of Mr. Zimmerman by the New Black Panthers.

Sorry, I was composing my post while you wrote that. I think that's just reprehensible, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
bjlillo wrote:
Sorry Chris, this Justice Department doesn't go after the Black Panthers. Their anger is justified don't you know?

Isn't that pathetic? Why is the chief law enforcement officer in the nation siding with criminals and arming murderers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay. I'm officially lost now. Do some of you people want this Zimmerman guy to be guilty? I only ask that because there has been a demand for more facts from the police and now, when they start spooling out the evidence and witness reports, it seems that couple of you are annoyed that Zimmerman appears (appears!) to have been victimized before shooting this other person.

If you want a fair application of the law then how are you going to get it if you'll only accept a version that fits your preferred version of events?

Now that it seems this unfortunate young guy may be revealed as a drug user and physically violent aggressor, is it too late for Obama to take back his remark last week about Treyon being what his son would look like? I'm just sayin'.... Obgama already stepped on his dick with the Harvard professor, with the bible-clutchers and with the people in Las Vegas. he needs a Mulligan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Except, of course, that's not what your link says. Why do you continue to do stuff like that? No where in there does it say "dead or alive". The vigilante style bounty is wrong in and of itself, there's no need for you to spruce it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Except, of course, that's not what your link says. Why do you continue to do stuff like that? No where in there does it say "dead or alive". The vigilante style bounty is wrong in and of itself, there's no need for you to spruce it up.

From the article Drew linked:

Quote:
And when asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

Drew didn't put words in anyone's mouth, he interpreted (correctly) this phrase from the bible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
it seems that couple of you are annoyed that Zimmerman appears (appears!) to have been victimized before shooting this other person.

All we know for sure is that had the man followed the instructions of the 911 dispatcher and not pursued the teen, he would not have put himself in a situation where he had to kill anyone, justified or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Drew didn't put words in anyone's mouth, he interpreted (correctly) this phrase from the bible.

The reward was for the capture, then asked if it could incite violence he responded that way. But it was not a reward put out for "dead or alive", which is what drew implied. There is a difference. And as I said, vigilante style justice is bad enough, there is no need to try and spin it more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
That's certainly true, but considering where Zimmerman and witness reported Trayvon being during the altercation (on top of Zimmerman beating the crap out of him) it seems to follow fairly logically. If this were some crazed racist looking to gun down a black kid, I don't think he lets him get on top and bloody him up before firing the shot.

Maybe one witness said he saw Trayvon being on top of Martin. The "beating the crap out of him" is your interpretation. The police report said that Zimmerman was treated at the scene, not hospitalized. Also, the report doesn't say Zimmerman was covered with blood - his or Trayvon's. It doesn't say if there was any evidence of how close the two men were when the gun was fired. (Maybe we would expect that in a later forensics report - is there one?)

Also, I don't know why you have this "crazed racist" thing going. Has anybody really called Zimmerman a "crazed racist"? Yes, it sounds like he may have said "fucking coons" in his 911 call, so it's possible he was a racist, or at least prone to using racist epithets, but that really isn't the issue.

The racial issue, to the extent there is one, is the police response that let Zimmerman walk while an unarmed black kid was dead in the morgue. The police were very willing to accept Zimmerman's story before completing a full investigation. (E.g., how long did it take for the cell phone call between Trayvon and his girl friend to come to light?) There is no way of knowing for sure, but it seems likely that if the races of the two parties had been reversed - if Zimmerman had been black and Trayvon white - Zimmerman would have been in a cell from day one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

The reward was for the capture, then asked if it could incite violence he responded that way. But it was not a reward put out for "dead or alive", which is what drew implied. There is a difference. And as I said, vigilante style justice is bad enough, there is no need to try and spin it more.

While I agree that (from what little I have read) that it was a serious lapse in judgment to "follow" the guy - and we still don't know how long, far or aggressively he followed - I think it's clear that the reward implies killing Zimmerman. I know a lot more about the New Black Panthers and have heard their leader Shazham or Shabazz or whatever his name is speak on half dozen occasions. They are advocates for violence. Period.

Something similar happened to a Jewish teen from Florida last year... not a killing, but guilt before proof and he paid the price for media sensationalism by not being drafted into pro baseball despite his stellar stats. I'll go look it up because it is very similar in that the kid had a judgment lapse and paid a price for not committing a crime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
The racial issue, to the extent there is one, is the police response that let Zimmerman walk while an unarmed black kid was dead in the morgue. The police were very willing to accept Zimmerman's story before completing a full investigation.

They hauled him to the police station in cuffs and interrogated him. What more do you want? There was no reason at that point to arrest him, and it's completely routine for people to be released after questioning and actually arrested once the investigations are complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
jmilum wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Here's what the Black Panthers are circulating.

WHAT DOES IT SAY?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
So the New Black Panther Party is offering a $10,000 bounty on Zimmerman, "Dead or Alive". Professional race-baiters like Sharpton and Jackson are organizing rallies, Spike Lee gives everyone Zimmerman's home address, quite obviously in an attempt to intimidate or call for violence, Leftists in the media are blaming Republicans, idiots on Facebook and celebrity news-whores are posting pictures of themselves in hoodies in a show of some kind of support . . .

So what happens if Zimmerman is found not guilty? What happens to all the emotion that these race-baiters have whipped up. Does it sag like a heavy load?

Or does it explode?

OK, the NBP "bounty" thing is asinine.

But what if things do explode? Why would that possibly happen? What does it say about race relations in the U.S. that it's still a possibility? The NBP isn't creating emotions out of nothing - there is anger and fear out there in the black community, and events like the Trayvon Martin killing don't do anything to assuage it.

A friend of mine on Facebook posted something from another friend of his that included a list of things he is constantly afraid of just because he's a black man in America. Excerpts:

Quote:
I'm afraid of walking down the street and being stopped by a cop for "looking suspicious" or "fitting the description."
I'm afraid of going out to bars on holidays because drunken White people are far quicker to offend and attack and I know how quickly I can be framed as the aggressor.
I'm afraid of eating watermelon, fried chicken, etc. in the presence of white people because the joke is coming and I'm not sure how I will respond.

I'm afraid of not making the jokes first so that at least I feel like I'm controlling the situation and not having stereotyped and racist imagery thrown at me from my peers.

I'm afraid of not laughing at every inappropriately racist joke, comment, or aside made by people in positions above me for fear of losing my job for being "too sensitive" or "too militant."
I'm afraid of being shot down for reaching in my pocket for my identification.

I'm afraid that the stereotyped imagery fed to me on a daily basis of my own people has worked its way into my own subconscious.

You and I can't possibly feel the way he does. At best, we can sympathize, but I will bet you these kinds of things don't happen to you. They sure don't happen to me.

So yes the NBP is despicable for playing up those fears and angry emotions, but they didn't cause them.

And what have you done to defuse and eliminate them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Golux13 wrote:
The racial issue, to the extent there is one, is the police response that let Zimmerman walk while an unarmed black kid was dead in the morgue. The police were very willing to accept Zimmerman's story before completing a full investigation.

They hauled him to the police station in cuffs and interrogated him. What more do you want? There was no reason at that point to arrest him, and it's completely routine for people to be released after questioning and actually arrested once the investigations are complete.

There probably is a racial component wedged in here somewhere. But I agree, what exactly is expected here? The shooter is a known resident of the area right? Is he treated differently because he isn't black? Maybe, maybe not. What are the stats for black-on-white crime there? Or white-on-black crime? Should that even be a part of enforcement? Did the police not detain this guy because he is white? Nobody can prove that. Should they have? And if so, why?

Only the most hypocritical and biased RSP'ers would deny that the media and special interest groups have already tried this guy in the court of opinion. I actually looked at half a dozen articles today and not one of them featured a photo of the dead kid after the age of 12 and all of them featured only one photo of Zimmerman that appeared to have been taken by the police in which he looked tired and a bit unshaven.

None of this is about sympathy for a dead kid. It's about creating a modern day race riot in America for political and financial ends and to keep the average hard working black person corralled in a voting feed-lot while simultaneously keeping average hard-working white people feeling like they are being blamed for shit they didn't do.

I mean really people, what did you learn in school anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
WHAT DOES IT SAY?!

That was not in the article you linked, now was it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
WHAT DOES IT SAY?!

That was not in the article you linked, now was it?

Unreal. You are, of course, always right. Even when you're wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
You are, of course, always right.

It's a terrible burden to bare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.