Subject: Now available in Geek Store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pɹɐɥɔᴉɹ
England
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Careful. There is a minefield around here.
badge
BANG!! Don't step on the mines!
mbmbmbmbmb
These cards are now available for purchase in the BGG Geek Store.

The set also includes 6 Merchant Bonus Cards for Wood, Stone, Marble, Rubble, Brick, Concrete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jean
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What the heck, i ordered mine a while back through Kickstarter and still haven't received it! Not even a mail saying it was sent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wakefield Morys-Carter
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
atomike wrote:
What the heck, i ordered mine a while back through Kickstarter and still haven't received it! Not even a mail saying it was sent...

Were you a "rubble" backer? If so, then I would have expected your cards to have already been sent. Please send
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
a geek mail to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's nice to see some expansions, but these really weren't needed. If someone is going for the forum, then you have to play so that he does not finish. Even then, a nice ole Coliseum can wreck that clientele list in no time flat, minus any defenses.

I will say that the Domus Aurea sounds interesting. The Legionary role, Palisade, and Wall all become more powerful and desirable.

Again, the game was fine as it was. If these new elements add some new flavor then I'm for trying them - just pointing out that the game was superb as was.

Edit - Now wait, in regards to the Domus Aurea, YOU also ADD THE FOUNDATION TO YOUR INFLUENCE? That card would seem to be just silly broken as stated - way too powerful.

If you are going to go so powerful, make it cost 4 or 5 resources (creating another resource wouldn't be such a bad idea for an expansion btw)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
JacquesDeMolay wrote:
Edit - Now wait, in regards to the Domus Aurea, YOU also ADD THE FOUNDATION TO YOUR INFLUENCE? That card would seem to be just silly broken as stated - way too powerful.

Some things of note. First, the Republic expansion changes out some buildings that are either useless with the 2-card petition rule (Circus) or too easy to pull off (Forum). It also replaces the "newbie harsh" Coliseum with something a little more gentle, but still mean (Domus Aurea). The second thing is that with Domus Aurea, you can only attack buildings that haven't had any materials added to them. That means that starting a bunch of buildings to rush the game end might backfire if the Domus Aurea sitting next to you takes off. Domus Aurea doesn't tear down infrastructure you have already built, unlike the Coliseum which can eat your hard won Merchant at the worst point in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Republic Expansion is for wimpy baby-people that can't handle the Coliseum. sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.