Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I hereby grant all Wellycon fans the rights to print and distribute the promotional material. A big thanks to freerby for his fantastic design work on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moore
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a games library list available/coming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Between what is in the library and what people bring it is usually better to ask what is not there

Perhaps we could ask for those rarer or maybe newer games to see who might bring them?

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see Wiz-War or Empires of the Void if anyone's shipped them in to the country... also Mage Knight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
As it happens, through the magic of modern living, I can get some games up to people for Wellycon- so if I have any games that people want let me know.

My collection has some unusual games (I think) so do have a peek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At the risk of inevitable ridicule ...

If it's new and hot we'll give it a shot.
If it's old and rare, then bring it I dare.
If you want it to play, then bring it I say.
But if you just don't care, then simply come and share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jowolf wrote:
I'd love to see Wiz-War or Empires of the Void if anyone's shipped them in to the country... also Mage Knight

Hi Jo. There's only one retailer in NZ with Mage Knight, but if you're keen for a copy, drop me a Geekmail and we can add you to the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cmdr_G wrote:
Between what is in the library and what people bring it is usually better to ask what is not there

Perhaps we could ask for those rarer or maybe newer games to see who might bring them?

G

Yeah, I've got a couple of newer releases - not sure if that makes them rare or not. The only thing is, and I appreciate this seems a bit hyprocritical as I'm happy to play other people's games, I'm a little reluctant to just throw them on the main table and leave them there for the weekend.

Just had a bit of a skim on the Wellington Guild Collection and some of the games I've got that aren't held by everyone else in the guild as well are:

Nefarious, Carson City, Stone Age: Style is the Goal, Dominion: Hinterlands, Flash Point: Fire Rescue, K2, Lords of Scotland, Troyes, Takenoko and Power Grid: The Robots. There are a couple of others too, but they're the more umm interesting ones - unless you're into strange kids games (Like Nacht der Magier or dancing eggs).

If there were people particularly interested in some of these then I'm happy to bring them to table to teach and play a few games. As long as that's within the WellyCon etiquette guidelines of course :?)

PS Anyone know 'Always Red'? We seem to have almost 90% the same games (well, he has all the games I have, I don't have nearly all of his )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PS, just scrolling through the Wellington Guild collection by 'For Trade' there are a number of you with For Trade games on someone elses Wishlist... might be worth checking it out pre Wellycon and see if you can do a little swapping etc....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
moonglow wrote:
PS Anyone know 'Always Red'? We seem to have almost 90% the same games (well, he has all the games I have, I don't have nearly all of his )

He's Auckland based, so I'm not sure if he'll be making it to Wellycon? I'm trying to remember if he was there last year, but I think I've only gamed with him in Tauranga.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been to Wellycon before, but last year I bought flights down to Wellycon for this year. My accommodation I had lined up fell through recently though so am currently on the fence about heading down.

Any recommendations for cheap accommodation nearby?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always Red wrote:
I haven't been to Wellycon before, but last year I bought flights down to Wellycon for this year. My accommodation I had lined up fell through recently though so am currently on the fence about heading down.

Not too strong a recommendation since I haven't stayed here myself, but Lodge in the City is nice and handy to the venue and has had good reviews. It looks pretty modestly priced, depending on the room type you go for...

Not sure how the link will come through, but on google maps it lists a series of reviews and feedback, all seems really positive.
http://maps.google.co.nz/maps/place?cid=15904530528565997688...

Actually just found some more recent reviews that aren't so positive - mostly relating to the cleanliness of the kitchen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Always Red wrote:

Cheap and nasty is the key. You won't really be spending time there except to sleep.

I should find out where I'm staying - it was booked by:
Chris Moore
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak
New Zealand
Whangarei
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going to be looking for somewhere to stay too (cheap and nasty all the way), so would be interested to hear where anyone finds... Forget the filth, if enough of us were at the same place we could just game the night away
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacjames wrote:
I'm going to be looking for somewhere to stay too (cheap and nasty all the way), so would be interested to hear where anyone finds... Forget the filth, if enough of us were at the same place we could just game the night away

Well Lodge in the City is a short walk to the Uni campus, and handy to several fast food options. They seem to do a range of room sizes, so there could be some advantage both cost and security wise of trying to group book a dorm room or something... which also gives the benefit of being able to play games 24/7 (who needs sleep right?).

There are other options not too much further, but that's the closest and cheapest from what I can tell. Saying that, Cuba st is only another couple of blocks away, so its not like anything else is lots further.

Abel Tasman is a hotel on Tasman st, so about as handy as you can get if you're not willing to sleep in the skip bin behind the Uni Cafe, but its more in the $100+ per night range (which might be ok if you're sharing/splitting it).

There are some more backpackers on Cambridge Terrace, but that is a bit more of a hike (say about 2km perhaps) and its a bit more party central (i.e. the Cambridge is a student pub and I imagine that its not the quietest sleeping environment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hazel Whitley
New Zealand
flag msg tools
yeah, cheap...definitely cheap!
I'll be coming down with a group of 6-8 from Hamilton, so a dorm somewhere will probably be the likely solution.

Unless anyone has/knows of some floor space that might be available (we can always bring down our own sleeping bags etc)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moonglow wrote:
PS, just scrolling through the Wellington Guild collection by 'For Trade' there are a number of you with For Trade games on someone elses Wishlist... might be worth checking it out pre Wellycon and see if you can do a little swapping etc....

Links to Wellycon Guild and Guild member's games for trade and wanted in trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hazazel wrote:
yeah, cheap...definitely cheap!
I'll be coming down with a group of 6-8 from Hamilton, so a dorm somewhere will probably be the likely solution.

Unless anyone has/knows of some floor space that might be available (we can always bring down our own sleeping bags etc)?

Hazel, I guess you're aware of these regular Hamilton meetings?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/907

Have a great time at Welly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hazel Whitley
New Zealand
flag msg tools
manukajoe wrote:

This is actually Sam, Hazels husband, hijacking her account
I was aware of some of them, but not all. Thanks for the info. I never did manage to get to any of them though. Currently we're living in Japan too, so unlikely to make it to many of them for a while!

It just happens that I'll be visiting NZ while Wellycon is on, so I'm gathering up friends for a road trip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hazazel wrote:
manukajoe wrote:

This is actually Sam, Hazels husband, hijacking her account
I was aware of some of them, but not all. Thanks for the info. I never did manage to get to any of them though. Currently we're living in Japan too, so unlikely to make it to many of them for a while!

It just happens that I'll be visiting NZ while Wellycon is on, so I'm gathering up friends for a road trip

That's a weak excuse! cool Have a great visit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
For those hunting for accommodation, we'll be here: http://www.wallacecourt.co.nz/ (No relation to Martin!)

We got a room for $300 across three nights, and it's about 150m from the uni.

I think they have a bit of accommodation still, but prices might have gone up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I might go with http://www.richmondguesthouse.co.nz/.

Anyone know much about them?

Also any requests for games to bring down? Although I probably don't want to bring down too much as I'll need room to bring new games back ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moore
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always Red wrote:
I think I might go with http://www.richmondguesthouse.co.nz/.

Anyone know much about them?

Also any requests for games to bring down? Although I probably don't want to bring down too much as I'll need room to bring new games back ;P

Would love to play Nefarious (Brad/Moonglow and Takenoko (Moonglow ) if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.