Subject: Wellycon 2012 - Back bigger and better than before rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Groen
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think me and you could spend the whole Con playing games.

I am keen for every game on your list. I have galaxy trucker, BSG and king of tokyo. I'd rather not bring them up from chch if there are going to be other copies there.

Have you looked at Gears of War? Anyone know if there will be a copy at the Con?

isaacjames wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
Any other offerings or yes-votes for dance card items?

Well, the only two games on my "play-at-all-costs" list are Galaxy Trucker and BSG, neither of which I own. If anyone is planning to run a session of either that they don't mind having a (quick-learning) beginner on, then by all means add 'em to the dance card list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/141876/my-wellycon-201....

Aside from those two (and the ones I've already signed up for on the list), I'm not really fussed, and look forward to just getting in on a bunch of different games; though I will have some games that I'll be keeping an eye out for:
GoT 2nd Edition (have enjoyed playing 1st ed, eager to check out the improvements of the 2nd)
King of Tokyo (can't fathom how yahtzee+ could be worth that much $$! Only one way to find out...)
Nexus Ops

And am also interested in checking out/learning Dominion and 7 Wonders to see what all the fuss is about, but imagine they're popular enough that it shouldn't be hard to jump in on an impromptu game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Parr
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have Gears of War and I'll be there. I will like to play it as well as long as i'm not in the middle of a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of bringing my PnP demo version of Ground Floor - a game currently on Kickstarter and due for release around Essen. It's a medium/heavy euro with a business-building theme (worker placement and economic sim). We just had a 5-player game tonight and it went really well.

I'm also really keen to try out Dominion: Hinterlands if anyone has it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superbgg wrote:
I was thinking of bringing my PnP demo version of Ground Floor - a game currently on Kickstarter and due for release around Essen. It's a medium/heavy euro with a business-building theme (worker placement and economic sim). We just had a 5-player game tonight and it went really well.

I was thinking Hinterlands would be around in abundance, but realized that was probably cornacopia . I can throw my box (of all cards) in the car so its around if we need it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak
New Zealand
Whangarei
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds like a plan

JohnnyG wrote:
I think me and you could spend the whole Con playing games.

I am keen for every game on your list. I have galaxy trucker, BSG and king of tokyo. I'd rather not bring them up from chch if there are going to be other copies there.

Have you looked at Gears of War? Anyone know if there will be a copy at the Con?

isaacjames wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

Well, the only two games on my "play-at-all-costs" list are Galaxy Trucker and BSG, neither of which I own. If anyone is planning to run a session of either that they don't mind having a (quick-learning) beginner on, then by all means add 'em to the dance card list: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/141876/my-wellycon-201....

Aside from those two (and the ones I've already signed up for on the list), I'm not really fussed, and look forward to just getting in on a bunch of different games; though I will have some games that I'll be keeping an eye out for:
GoT 2nd Edition (have enjoyed playing 1st ed, eager to check out the improvements of the 2nd)
King of Tokyo (can't fathom how yahtzee+ could be worth that much $$! Only one way to find out...)
Nexus Ops

And am also interested in checking out/learning Dominion and 7 Wonders to see what all the fuss is about, but imagine they're popular enough that it shouldn't be hard to jump in on an impromptu game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
isaacjames wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

I'd be really glad to try this new brew of GoT too!
Hope it'll be available somewhere at wellycon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hay
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Booked tickets to come.

Got a few newer/less common games I could bring. Would anyone be interested in Famiglia, Prolix or Vlaada Chvatil's Bunny Bunny Moose Moose?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone - really looking forward to my first Wellycon and meeting a few of you people I've been chatting to online. We moved to your fair shores (Nelson) from Sydney a few weeks ago and we absolutely love it here.

I tend to play the more thematic, Fantasy Flight-type games rather than the Euros (I'm a crap strategist). I brought a few with me but my plan was to keep my suitcase empty so I could buy some stuff - that is if there any retail stalls, or a nearby good games shop?

See you soon over a board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
citylife wrote:
If you haven't heard then there will be an industry panel on Saturday night, 7pm. We have dug out Peter Gifford (Artist of Tales of an Arabian Night and more)

I wish I was the artist! That honour goes to the very talented Drew Baker (and the Golden Age illustrator Rene Bull on the cover). I was the graphic designer (ie the overall art direction and all the visuals excepting the illustrations).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
UniversalHead wrote:
Hi everyone - really looking forward to my first Wellycon and meeting a few of you people I've been chatting to online. We moved to your fair shores (Nelson) from Sydney a few weeks ago and we absolutely love it here.

I tend to play the more thematic, Fantasy Flight-type games rather than the Euros (I'm a crap strategist). I brought a few with me but my plan was to keep my suitcase empty so I could buy some stuff - that is if there any retail stalls, or a nearby good games shop?

Yessir, there'll be games for sale. Wellingtonians would be in a better position than me to recommend local stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowan McAlpine
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
a good game!
badge
a good game!
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
UniversalHead wrote:

Yessir, there'll be games for sale. Wellingtonians would be in a better position than me to recommend local stores.

The only FLGS that I know about in Wellington just closed down but it wasn't very friendly anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
RowSkin wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:
UniversalHead wrote:

The only FLGS that I know about in Wellington just closed down but it wasn't very friendly anyway.

And the nearest one in Featherston is already closed.

People in Wellington play other sorts of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, no game store in Wellington! Oh well, maybe I should bring a couple of games in the case after all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Freer
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy Trucker is in the Wellycon Library...ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I have posted up my third part of my trip to Wellycon this year on my blog, including games I am going for, plus some other news.

Check it out at Kapiti Board Gamers blog.

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cmdr_G wrote:
I have posted up my third part of my trip to Wellycon this year on my blog, including games I am going for, plus some other news.

G

Excellent blog, Gordon. I'd be more than happy to teach you Alien Frontiers or Le Havre, one of my favourite games! See you there .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Noble
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gordon, great to see you and Ann again. Hope you weren't too tired after the late night. Loved Lords of Waterdeep and the following conversation on how we are build the hobby.

See you at Wellycon.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh - what about Kingdom Builder? Will there be a copy of that there? Would love to give that a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cmdr_G wrote:

G

Hi Gordon you'll recognize me as my bgg avatar is a very close likeness.

Cuba and Airlines Europe! I expect someone will bring Cuba... If not I can. I will bring Airlines Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I have all the games except the expansions and the learning ones. I will be bringing them all (the play/share/teach games that is).
See you then.

@ Peter - Just doing up a short post with some pics on last night right now.

The ever busy gamer,

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harker
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy to bring along and teach Le Havre, Tikal, Mexica, Caylus, Hacienda, Maharaja and Samarkand. I'd like to play Eclipse, Brass and Castles of Burgundy if they're around
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob & Olivia
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Call that clean
mbmbmbmb
See me for Castles of Burgundy. I'd been keen to try Maharaja and Hacienda.

Olivia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superbgg wrote:

Give Ground Floor a try, I played a 3p with Jason and his wife and it was very good, heavyish, tight, and interesting. Rules are not too complex, it's worker placement, and there are a variety of rooms ("buildings") you can purchase to give special abilities and VP. Took us about 2 hours for 3p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have to bring cash right - no eftpos?

What should we be budgeting? Food, drinks, snacks etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
vIQleS wrote:
We have to bring cash right - no eftpos?

What should we be budgeting? Food, drinks, snacks etc...

Cash for tickets and grub, EFTPOS for "sundry" purchases. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.