Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be food and drink on offer as follows.

There will be lunch for sale from 12.30 - 1.30 each day. this includes rolls, sandwhichs, cakes and I believe some ready to heat noodles and pies. These range in price up to about $5.

A prepaid dinner option will be avaialable each night for $10 per person which will include a main, a can of drink and a treat. On saturday I believe the main will be Pizza, on sunday it will be subway. In both cases it will be buffet style, so we will get a range of offerings, so you won't get you ideal perfect meal, but so long as you are a little flexible you will probably be satisfied. This means you maximise your gaming time.

Drinks and snacks are available for sale all day for $1.50 subject to supply.

If instead you want some time out then it is a ten - fifteen minute walk to a range of food options on adelaide road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes, all very well but - is there a BAR?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
citylife wrote:

There will be lunch for sale from 12.30 - 1.30 each day. this includes rolls, sandwhichs, cakes and I believe some ready to heat noodles and pies. These range in price up to about $5.

A prepaid dinner option will be avaialable each night for $10 per person which will include a main, a can of drink and a treat. On saturday I believe the main will be Pizza, on sunday it will be subway. In both cases it will be buffet style, so we will get a range of offerings, so you won't get you ideal perfect meal, but so long as you are a little flexible you will probably be satisfied. This means you maximise your gaming time.

If instead you want some time out then it is a ten - fifteen minute walk to a range of food options on adelaide road.

Andrew

This is clearly a lot of work: as a thank you can I donate my copy of Hermagor to you? I know you reluctantly disposed of yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wellycon 2012 - Back bigger and better than before - Dance card schedule
Have put together a bit of a timeline for possible games based on interest in the dance card, along with a table of who was interested in what games.

I've been pretty generous for timeframes for each game, so it'll be a bit play as we go... anyone keen to make sure we can contact each other PM me your cell number. I've got a few already.

Welcome any feedback - check the game you were interested in (hopefully you're listed in table 1) and then the proposed timeline.

Whose keen for what game:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10vHqn7lw_QUCxd7daLQfstf3...

Timeline for games Sat and Sunday
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N4iv6Kl1k_bU51RtNX_z1XGx...

Unfortunately it looks like I got a bit greedy and aren't going to fit everything in (Shut your face Andrew! I know what you were thinking!).

If there is a game I said I would bring (in Table 1) but doesn't feature in the timeline I'll still make sure I bring it, just not sure I'll fit it in to teach or play.

There are a few likely holes, I'll be trying to get a few tries of any of the shorter games in where I can.

Am very very excited! Cya all Sat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:
citylife wrote:

Andrew

This is clearly a lot of work: as a thank you can I donate my copy of Hermagor to you? I know you reluctantly disposed of yours.

I couldn't possibly, but I will totally play a game with you. A little mechanical gem hidden in the shadow of so many great games. Everyone who loves euros should play this at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
citylife wrote:
SamNzed wrote:
citylife wrote:

Andrew

I couldn't possibly, but I will totally play a game with you. A little mechanical gem hidden in the shadow of so many great games. Everyone who loves euros should play this at least once.

I can bring it along. It was one of the games I took to Hanmer last year that no one would touch so if we can get a game going great, but if not I'll happily pass it to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
moonglow wrote:
Have put together a bit of a timeline for possible games based on interest in the dance card, along with a table of who was interested in what games.

I've been pretty generous for timeframes for each game, so it'll be a bit play as we go... anyone keen to make sure we can contact each other PM me your cell number. I've got a few already.

Welcome any feedback - check the game you were interested in (hopefully you're listed in table 1) and then the proposed timeline.

Unfortunately it looks like I got a bit greedy and aren't going to fit everything in (Shut your face Andrew! I know what you were thinking!).

If there is a game I said I would bring (in Table 1) but doesn't feature in the timeline I'll still make sure I bring it, just not sure I'll fit it in to teach or play.

There are a few likely holes, I'll be trying to get a few tries of any of the shorter games in where I can.

Looking good!

One thing to bear in mind is dinner times as mentioned by Andrew above, and also the industry panel at 7pm (until ?) on Saturday, which some gamers may want to attend. (And I kinda can't say no, haha...)

Also, put me down for Takenoko. I'm really keen to play it again.

And as for PR, I could bring the limited anniversary edition if nobody else does? It'd probably be the only game I own that I'll take to the con, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Wellycon newbie (actually, an-any-kind-of-boardgaming-con-newbie) I'm grappling with the bring-some-games vs buy-games-there conundrum for my limited suitcase space.

I have these games with me and would like to play them, but not sure if I need to bring any or not:

Mansions of Madness (all figs painted)
Wiz-War (all figs painted)
Cosmic Encounter
Blood Bowl Team Manager
Rune Age, Arcana
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
UniversalHead wrote:
As a Wellycon newbie (actually, an-any-kind-of-boardgaming-con-newbie) I'm grappling with the bring-some-games vs buy-games-there conundrum for my limited suitcase space.

I have these games with me and would like to play them, but not sure if I need to bring any or not:

Mansions of Madness (all figs painted)
Wiz-War (all figs painted)
Cosmic Encounter
Blood Bowl Team Manager
Rune Age, Arcana

My recommendation is to have a look at the Wellycon guild and check to see if anyone else owns any of those games. If you're the only one who owns them, then bring them along.

If someone else owns them, ask those people if they're planning to bring a copy.

Of your list, I'd expect Cosmic Encounter and Mansions Of Madness (albeit without painted figures) to be represented, but I'm not sure about the rest.

I'm personally planning to bring only one game, (PR Limited Anniversary Edition), because every other game I want to play is definitely being provided by someone else.

It also means less panic involved with having your pretty shiny things in the library. I'll probably put my copy aside because it cost a lot and is really pretty and I don't want it to get crushed under something heavy...even though I know that in time, it'll get damaged, but I'll try to delay that inevitability for as long as possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got Wiz-War now and am happy to bring it (I want to get in some four player games!) - no pretty painted figures though I'm afraid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What to say about the library.

It will not be the size of the legendary BGG library which has every title known to man and most of the new essen releases. Heck our library is likely to have very few essen titles and Essen was half a year ago.

Still the library usually starts out at about 150 titles at the beginning of the day. The most enthusiastic players are usually there in the first hour and it probably swells to more like 300 titles. People stop bringing out games at that point and keep them to the side in case someone asks them for them, or if they want to play it.

I always advice people to bring a couple of titles that they would like to play. Wiz war for example is a recent re-release and so if you would like to play it bring it, and since it is new there is a good chance there may not be a copy there.

So my advice is
- bring anything you particularly want to play
- bring anything fresh off the boat

You also need not put your games on the tables that we refer to as the library, you can keep them safe with your personal stuff if you like. Everyone has a precious game or two that they want to particularly look after and some people are simply more particular than others. We are never short, in fact I estimate half the titles aren't played.

Honestly though, when things get rolling my experience has always been that the problem is deciding what to play, not that what I wanted to play wasn't there. The only thing I might add is that there is a bias towards euro's, and so specific heavily themed games are less likely to be there.

If I remember I will document the games in the library this year for next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info! I'm ridiculously obsessive about the condition of my games so putting any in the library would probably give me conniptions, but I'll bring along my Wiz-War figs to spruce things up if we get a game in Jo! And perhaps BBTM...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bringing Mansions of Madness with three of the new modules. My figures are, alas, unpainted.

Of recent-ish releases I'll also be bringing:
Lancaster
Elder Sign
Alien Frontiers
Vinhos
Airlines Europe
and many, many more.

I'll echo andy's comments that in all the years of lending games to the library I have never had any damage or losses (except when Andy and I go home with each others copies...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Wine Pie wrote:
I'll be bringing Mansions of Madness with three of the new modules. My figures are, alas, unpainted.

Of recent-ish releases I'll also be bringing:
Lancaster
Elder Sign
Alien Frontiers
Vinhos
Airlines Europe
and many, many more.

I'll echo andy's comments that in all the years of lending games to the library I have never had any damage or losses (except when Andy and I go home with each others copies...)

Good to know- I'll leave my copy of Elder Sign in Chch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be Fluxx etc and / or pryamids?

I don't particularly need to play them but I can bring them if anyone else might want to...

ETA FWIW:

Zombie Fluxx
Monty Python Fluxx
Stoner Fluxx
Martian Fluxx
Family Fluxx
Pirate Fluxx
Star Fluxx
Eco Fluxx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Wine Pie wrote:

Book me in for a game! Might even bring my figs ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm bringing
IF ANY OF THESE WILL BE THERE ALREADY PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
Inkognito
Havana
Santiago de Cuba
The Castle of the Devil
Fortune and Glory: The Cliffhanger Game
Junta
Junta: Viva el Presidente!
Witch of Salem
Airlines Europe

Have we got enough players to make this worthwhile? (it's 3+ hours)
A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game & A Touch of Evil: Something Wicked Expansion

Things I might/could bring

Bohnanza Is Dean bringing this?
Kolejka
Hollywood Blockbuster aka Dream Factory
Kraków 1325 AD + Krakow 1325 AD: 3-player expansion
Kremlin
Nuns on the Run
Sator Arepo Tenet Opera Rotas
The Road to Canterbury
Power Struggle
El Capitán
Eaten by Zombies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:

Think Bohnanza is already in the game library, but will chuck it in my bag just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
moonglow wrote:

Looking good!

One thing to bear in mind is dinner times as mentioned by Andrew above, and also the industry panel at 7pm (until ?) on Saturday, which some gamers may want to attend. (And I kinda can't say no, haha...)

Also, put me down for Takenoko. I'm really keen to play it again.

And as for PR, I could bring the limited anniversary edition if nobody else does? It'd probably be the only game I own that I'll take to the con, though.

Sweet as, I've scheduled Flash Point from 6.30 to 7.30 - its only a half hour game, so we could prob be done, break and restart as appropriate. Its not a game you'd indicated you'd be interested in so think we can work around it.

Haven't really planned a set dinner break, thought I'd just eat in the gaps and play around others breaks... whole plan might flop, never tried 2 days of solid heavy game playing so might have totally over sold myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SamNzed wrote:

Hi Sam,

Didn't know you had Airlines Europe - keen to have a crack at this at some stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
liken@xtra.co.nz wrote:
SamNzed wrote:

Hi Sam,

Didn't know you had Airlines Europe - keen to have a crack at this at some stage.

Like(n)wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be bring Airlines Europe and Bohnanza as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found A Touch of Evil fun and would be up for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Roach
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
There will be a few of us with Airlines Europe then.

Airlines Europe
Lords of Waterdeep
Cuba
Torres
Carson City
Tsuro
Leaping Lilly Pads
BSG
Carcassonne: The City

Anyone keen to have a few quick warm ups on Tsuro first up just after doors open?

G
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.