Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a chance to play a 3 player game this weekend and wanted to post my thoughts to see how they compare with other players' experiences.

1) I thought the board would get overly crowded with 3 different sets of rocks being thrown- I was wrong. Rocks were constantly being cleared from the hut with subsequent shots.

2) The game outstayed its welcome. We played to 6 points, but with scoring being split 3 ways more rounds were needed to finally get to six points. Perhaps this could be remedied by playing to 4? Has anyone else felt that the 3 player game goes a bit long? If so, how did you fix it?

I've loved Caveman curling with 2 and with teams of 2, but 3 players was a bit slow. In the future if we have 3 and really want to play I'll probably suggest a 1 vs 2 setup.

So don't feel like you missed out on too much if you didn't kickstarter (though I do prefer the black stones to the yellow, and the black (and white) sheep do add a nice element to the gameplay).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an update to my thoughts on 3 player caveman curling after some more opportunities to play.

3 Player is much better using the mississippi variant as it breaks up the turn order and the 3rd player wanting to just clear out the middle. We played to 4 points and that kept the time down a little bit (although I think the mississippi variant made the game work to 6 as well.

All in all I'd say give the game a go with 3 (if you have the black clan kickstarter bonus) if you're playing with the mississippi variant, it is good caveman fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.