Thumb up
1 Posts

Treasure Chest» Forums » General

Subject: Review of the San Juan expansion cards from the Alea Treasure Chest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
It's hard to know the best place to post a review for just one of the mini-expansions that come with the Treasure Chest. I've just posted a review on the base game of San Juan, which also happens to include a detailed overview and analysis of the San Juan expansion cards from the Alea Treasure Chest. I submitted the article in the San Juan forums because it's partly about the base game, but I'm posting a link here too in case anyone is looking through the Treasure Chest forums for a review of the expansion cards for San Juan, since I've also covered that at length in my review. You'll find it here:

mb Ender's Pictorial Overview: Why I love San Juan. And why I love it even more with the new expansion cards!

San Juan remains an outstanding card game, and some eight years after its initial release, it continues to hold up well even in the midst of an increasingly crowded and strong field of card games. The case for its excellence is only enhanced by the addition of the expansion cards which are sadly available only as part of the Alea Treasure Chest, but are certainly worth the effort to acquire. While the new Events are somewhat mediocre, the new Buildings that come with the expansion are a great addition, because they give players more options and possible strategies to explore.

San Juan has always been a strong performer in our home, and the replay value and freshness offered by including the expansion cards has only served to ensure that it will continue to be played many times in years to come. I highly recommend both the original game and the expansion. Read the full review for more detailed reflections on the game and the expansion cards.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.