Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Well, I see the otherness of being other is otherwise contraindicated
badge
Who cares where it came from or whether it's correct or not? Certainly not me
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:

But anyway, you'll have to get the book on your own.

I don't have to read the book to be well aware of the research it details. It's all over the internet. You misunderstood which portion of your statements I found to be supremely fatuous, apparently. I am not even a bit surprised based on your recent performance around here.

You are correct in your assertion that I misused "bloviating." I intended to type "bloviated," and failed to notice that I didn't. Good job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love the toxic vibe of this place sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stpauler wrote:
Unfortunately for you,

It's not really "unfortunate" for me, as I don't have a horse in the race and I enjoy learning new things whether or not they contradict existing things I know. It's just a book I read once and found interesting. If there's other information out there that comes to a different conclusion I would enjoy reading that too. I'm very fact and information driven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stpauler wrote:
For fuck's sake, why even use words, why not just bash your face against the keyboard for an argument?

Wait, is that not the way to do things here? God damn it....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
I'm very fact and information driven.

Then you can avoid a great deal of toxicity from at least one person here by citing your supporting information for your broad assertions, rather than forcing people to either take you at your word or dismiss you out of hand. Had I but known you were basing your assertion that "discrimination doesn't really factor into it" with respect to gender-based pay inequality on a book that you once read, I could have just said, "my book says that your book is full of shit." That way you and I remain cordial in the extreme, while our books fight to the death and the RSP rank and file place bets on them in the parimutuel pools that we set up here for book fighting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Then you can avoid a great deal of toxicity from at least one person here by citing your supporting information for your broad assertions, rather than forcing people to either take you at your word or dismiss you out of hand.

You can avoid being toxic by disagreeing and asking for it like a normal human being if you're interested. I'm not always going to go through the effort to track down and cite sources for an offhand internet comment, but I would generally be more than happy to if there's interest in exploring the topic. I'm far less inclined to indulge someone who tosses off insults and demands in place of acceptable adult behavior though. Giving yourself a cutesy username isn't an excuse to be a tool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Adelson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:
Then you can avoid a great deal of toxicity from at least one person here by citing your supporting information for your broad assertions, rather than forcing people to either take you at your word or dismiss you out of hand.

You can avoid being toxic by disagreeing and asking for it like a normal human being if you're interested. I'm not always going to go through the effort to track down and cite sources for an offhand internet comment, but I would generally be more than happy to if there's interest in exploring the topic. I'm far less inclined to indulge someone who tosses off insults and demands in place of acceptable adult behavior though. Giving yourself a cutesy username isn't an excuse to be a tool.

That's true, but being saddled with your surname hasn't helped you, apparently, so I guess it's a wash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
PERCHANCE Card SEZ ~"Take a DERIDE on the Reading is FUNctionality EXPRESSIVELY!" __caravan__whitetrainblacktrainmeeple__
wow 'straws' upon the mounting camels`BACH! 'broke'd' WERE nothing compared as such getting BACH "on track!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now Grsnoreggy, since I know you're totally in favor of the truth coming out on this matter, I thought you might be interested in Politifact's coverage of the claims Democrats are making wrt this bill. I'm sure it will be quite enlightening for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Politifact wrote:
The law does not ensure pay equity, but rather gives discriminated workers the right to sue in state court for compensatory and punitive damages. So, if the GOP-backed bill is signed into law, that right to sue would be lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
jmilum wrote:
Politifact wrote:
The law does not ensure pay equity, but rather gives discriminated workers the right to sue in state court for compensatory and punitive damages. So, if the GOP-backed bill is signed into law, that right to sue would be lost.

Full conclusion, not the hack job posted above:

Quote:

Mason said Wisconsin Assembly Republicans approved a bill to repeal a law that ensures "that women cannot get paid less than a man for doing the same job."

But discriminated workers would still be able to seek back pay and other "make whole" payments through government agencies, and they could still sue for compensatory and punitive damages in federal court.

Mason’s statement contains an element of truth, but ignores critical facts that would leave a different impression -- our definition of Mostly False.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
"He also made the point that no lawsuits have been filed in state court since the 2009 law took effect." So, how again were the Businesses impacted so greatly by this LAW that they just HAD to get rid of that? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole point of that law was to allow people to sue in STATE court rather than FEDERAL court.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
The whole point of that law was to allow people to sue in STATE court rather than FEDERAL court.

Yeah, and nobody ever did it. Must have been a great law.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Then as grogs asked, how was it SOOOO detrimental to businesses and job growth. Oh right it wasn't that was just the excuse they used to get rid of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Then as grogs asked, how was it SOOOO detrimental to businesses and job growth. Oh right it wasn't that was just the excuse they used to get rid of it.

Are you really asking why it is beneficial to get rid of a worse than useless, redundant layer of bureaucracy? It obviously wasn't beneficial because no one used it yet it had to be accounted for in employment agreements.

Personally, I think that's a no-brainer. I know the Democrats are happy to use this so they can keep the false mantra of a war on women going, but I don't know why any thinking individual would want to keep around a law that doesn't benefit anyone except lawyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Are you really asking why it is beneficial to get rid of a worse than useless, redundant layer of bureaucracy?

You guys just love to poison the well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
jmilum wrote:
bjlillo wrote:

Whence such had the demeanor to DETER any Business from misbehaving terribly where A-N-Y employee is concerned, then, YES, it worked as thus, and now, these won't have that means of keeping those "in check" though just THAT! These 'laws' are derived directly FROM many instances that somebody and plenty another, already HAVE BEEN unjustly 'screwed over by business(es)' to begin WITH. Now, those shall more than likely conduct their "B.S."-practices once again due to the repeal of this, and time will TELL, as it were merely a 'matter' for that.
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Are you really asking why it is beneficial to get rid of a worse than useless, redundant layer of bureaucracy?

You guys just love to poison the well.

I'm just pointing out the obvious. Am I to assume, based on your non-answer, that you like worthless bureaucracy then? Also, the part where I poisoned the well was my last sentence, not the one you quoted. But seriously, this well was poisoned with the OP bringing forward a story jam-packed with false information to attack Walker. Don't whine to me about well-poisoning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Am I to assume, based on your non-answer, that you like worthless bureaucracy then?

How do you know that the law was worthless?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Oh Hi Marc
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, BJ, what do you think would be a good solution to the issue of gender pay inequality?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
bjlillo wrote:
I'm just pointing out the obvious. Am I to assume, based on your non-answer, that you like worthless bureaucracy then? Also, the part where I poisoned the well was my last sentence, not the one you quoted. But seriously, this well was poisoned with the OP bringing forward a story jam-packed with false information to attack Walker. Don't whine to me about well-poisoning.
What 'false information' had 'moi' inferred directly & specifically? That 'piece of legislation' happened on being called as such, although it contained much more than JUST this aspect pertaining unto itself too. HE-(being SW), then "took away" yet another avenue or route anyone could utilize for themselves in redressing some 'grievance' regarding their 'workplace'. Accordingly to YOU now, those aren't worthy of and for considerations upon anything. WE-all know that 'robbing banks' is ILLEGAL, yet, many still tried their 'take' for such, and still shall, while the LAW hadn't deterred those on that either, huh?
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
Hey, BJ, what do you think would be a good solution to the issue of gender pay inequality?

Obviously, if women are cheaper, the solution is to hire more women. All of the non-sexist business owners should be at a major competitive advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
What 'false information' had 'moi' inferred directly & specifically? That 'piece of legislation' happened on being called as such, although it contained much more than JUST this aspect pertaining unto itself too. HE-(being SW), then "took away" yet another avenue or route anyone could utilize for themselves in redressing some 'grievance' regarding their 'workplace'. Accordingly to YOU now, those aren't worthy of and for considerations upon anything. WE-all know that 'robbing banks' is ILLEGAL, yet, many still tried their 'take' for such, and still shall, while the LAW hadn't deterred those on that either, huh?
shake

The law isn't called the "Equality Pay Act" for one thing. It's also still illegal to discriminate on the basis of sex. The only methods that anyone has ever used to redress said grievances are still available. You're trying to make a big deal out of nothing and advance a false narrative while doing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Save Wisconin economy
1. Reduce revenue by lowering taxes: check
2. Crush unions: Check
3. Institute voter suppresion laws: check
4. Eliminate equal pay for women: check
5. Dilute science teaching in schools: working on propaganda to tie into economy
6. Limit sex ed to abstinence only: Need to get rid of some more teachers and figure a way to tie into economy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.