Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming club is in the starting blocks of planning a Stratego tournament for our members and anyone else interested in trying out the game. I have looked around the net for some helpful tips on how to organize the tournament, but I need some help.

First of all, I have stumbled upon terms such as "Ultimate Lightning" and "Barrage". If I have understood things correctly, "Ultimate Lightning" means you play with 20 pieces and "Barrage" means you play with 8. Since our tournament is mainly for people who have never played the game before (or have a limited experience with it), do you think we sgould go with the full 40 piece army ("Classic"), "Ultimate Lightning" or "Barrage"?

Also, what about points? First I thought that it would be sufficient to note down each players number of wins and the player with the most wins wins the tournament. Maybe we'll even have semifinals and a final. However, I am not sure how the "big boys" do it. Any thoughts?

We want this to be a fun experience for all the players and really want to make this a great introduction to the game for many of them. We therefor do not want to make this tournament too complex with too many and drawn-out matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should contact Spin Master customer service and ask them for help.

http://www.spinmaster.com/

Select "Contact" and on the right side of the screen there will be a bunch of addresses and phone numbers as well as some direct email links.

If anyone can help, they should be able to.

You might also get some help from http://www.stratego.org.uk/

Good luck!meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip: The German Stratego Association has the International Stratego Federation's game rules and tournament rules in PDF format for download.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ratcliffe
England
flag msg tools
Hi Daniel,

Did you get around to having a Stratego tournament? How did it go?

If you need any help organising a tournament either now or in the future, then feel free to contact the International Stratego Federation (www.isfstratego.com) and we will do all we can to assist you.

Regards,
Richard Ratcliffe
2011 Stratego World Champion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.