Popular Tags: [View All]
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As some may know, before Nexus went out of business, there was an expansion planned for AoC.

As stated by Francesco Nepitello, it's fully play-tested and sorted out.
Francesco Nepitello wrote:
I am really sad it went the way it went, especially because we have a fully-playtested expansion with all sorts of goodies. In hindsight, I wish some of the things included in the expansion would have been part of the original, as they address most of the problems some people seemed to have with the game (basically, more player vs player action, more 'zooming' on the adventures of Conan, more things to do...).

Poll
Would you buy the expansion, if it were to be released?
Yes, no matter which format.
Yes, only if it was published to the same production values as the base game.
Yes, even if it was an inferior with lower-point cost (eg.: Print on demand or some indie publisher).
No, but would love it to be a Print-and-Play expansion.
No, in any way, shape or format.
      192 answers
Poll created by endou_kenji
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time i look to pick this game up bad reviews crop up about one aspect or another, i have not seen a truly stellar review of this game yet. Perhaps its time to let this one go....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the game and from the sounds of the expansion would love the game. If it's never possible to get a printed version of the game, I just wish they'd release a Print-N-Play version. I know of ever PnP game I've owned, when I could get my hands on a real version I did.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
Every time i look to pick this game up bad reviews crop up about one aspect or another, i have not seen a truly stellar review of this game yet. Perhaps its time to let this one go....

I suppose it depends if you have many territory conquest games in your collection, ala Risk or Conquest of the Empire. Very different games, but kind of scratch the same hitch for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my only territory conquest game that requires heavy strategy (I consider my copy of Age of Gods as lighter strategy). So, when introducing people to territory conquest I pull out Age of Gods, but when I get 3-4 more experienced players together we play Age of Conan. The one downfall I only have with this game is that it is really played best with 4 players. 3 player games typically get turned into 2 players ganging up on 1 player (at least in my group).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
ubi bene ibi patria
mbmbmbmbmb
"I have accomplished little enough, but such as it is, it is the result of my own efforts"

"I have not been a success, and probably never will be"
Robert E. Howard

i found out that the spirit of this great author still lives upon the boardgame that was inspired and approved by his legacy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Velasquez
Mexico
Estado de Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is a great map of hiboria here
http://www.conan.com/hyboria.jpg

I´m planning to do something great with it, maybe some campings or something.

I have just bought and undead army of WarHammer, so maybe an co-op Area-Control camping against the undead army from Khitai.

some ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beautiful map! Make a nice wallpaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin518 wrote:
Beautiful map! Make a nice wallpaper.

FYI - that is the map Mongoose Publishing included in their Conan RPG GM Screen. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Horace Silver: The Cape Verdean Blues || Horace Parlan: Happy Frame of Mind || Dexter Gordon: Doin' Allright || Hank Mobley: Roll Call
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberto is around here quite a bit, and I think he has a pretty good idea of how many people are interested. People start these petitions fairly regularly, but I don't think they accomplish anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
They're like the Student Protest in Junta ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Roberto is around here quite a bit, and I think he has a pretty good idea of how many people are interested. People start these petitions fairly regularly, but I don't think they accomplish anything.

"I'd rather die trying than wait for that damned military dice get to me."
- One-armed Blind Monkey from the Great Plains of th Ughawarnbnovoxistonis Mountains
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJG were surprised when Ogre got such a massive response via Kickstarter.

Perhaps it could be a Kickstarter project? It's been designed, after all. Nothing lost if it fails.

If it works, perhaps expansions for older games could become a goer? As far as I know, there's few if any expansions issued for dead games. (I know you can still buy it, but it's not supported anymore).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvester Stachovicz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the expansion! PnP please, I'll buy retail version anyway!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christos Mallis
Greece
thessaloniki
Evosmos
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the Expansion too.There must be an expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrmallis wrote:
+1 for the Expansion too.There must be an expansion!

As long as it includes an adventure called "The Lamentation of da Wimmin"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesús Chacón
Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want the Expansion!

Crom! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kindt
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstart the expansion, perhaps?

If this expansion patched the game in a majorly positive way I suspect 500-1000 copies would surely sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Velasquez
Mexico
Estado de Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ll Buy it

1 copy sell

lets start the countup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think licensing would be a huge factor though. Surely the agreement with Robert E Howard/Conan estate would have finished now, so perhaps not worth the cost negotiating a new one just for an expansion for a non-supported game.

Having said that, if the expansion went really well it could open up for another!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Lundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If they could simply release their work publicly. There is no loss in that (since they are not gaining or losing anything by NOT releasing it either). A PDF with the cards, in text, would suffice.

I'm hard at work doing a couple of unofficial expansions for the game. Be on the lookout!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
Australia
Coburg North
Victoria
flag msg tools
Where they make a desert, they call it peace.
mbmbmbmbmb
azjerei wrote:
If they could simply release their work publicly. There is no loss in that (since they are not gaining or losing anything by NOT releasing it either). A PDF with the cards, in text, would suffice.

I'm hard at work doing a couple of unofficial expansions for the game. Be on the lookout!

Depends how letigious the estate is. Especially if the take a GW stance on releasing stuff without permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Masmanidis
Greece
Kallithea
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in too!
+1 for the expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Lundberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, look at this thread started by Mr Francesco Nepitello himself last week:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1025500/circulating-the-...

How awesome isn't that? Show your support!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.