$10.00
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could've sworn I seen this already floating around in the forums, but am unable to search for it... there are documented cases where you get 2 PP by having IIF in your tableau when you shouldn't be right?

E.g. u use IS to do a TO, and while you didn't discard IIF, it's giving you 2 PP anyways. No RFF nor Imp Cap built either.

On win7, v0.81n
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
What TO power are you using with IIF? Is it Casus Belli (which produces Prestige)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
What TO power are you using with IIF? Is it Casus Belli (which produces Prestige)?
Negative... Imperium Seat (IS). It was a TO vs. a military world, so IIF did NOT get discarded.

I was in a rush, but if this happens again, I'll be sure to get a screenshot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR!
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
These acronyms hurt my eyes (and brain).

I have a bug with the game where sometimes it just closes randomly; usually when I'm "Undoing" a move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stexe wrote:

AI = Artificial Intelligence
PP = Prestige Point
IIF = Imperium Invasion Fleet
IS = Imperium Seat
TO = Takeover
RFF = Rebel Freedom Fighters
Imp Cap = Imperium Capital
win7 = Windows 7
v0.81n = Version 0.8.1n
Casus Belli = Interstellar Casus Belli

Stexe wrote:
I have a bug with the game where sometimes it just closes randomly; usually when I'm "Undoing" a move.

Are you using version M? Older versions had issues with undo crashing, but more recent ones are very stable afaik.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR!
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
Stexe wrote:

AI = Artificial Intelligence
PP = Prestige Point
IIF = Imperium Invasion Fleet
IS = Imperium Seat
TO = Takeover
RFF = Rebel Freedom Fighters
Imp Cap = Imperium Capital
win7 = Windows 7
v0.81n = Version 0.8.1n
Casus Belli = Interstellar Casus Belli

Stexe wrote:

Are you using version M? Older versions had issues with undo crashing, but more recent ones are very stable afaik.

Ya, I understood most of the acronyms (didn't get IS or IIF).

How do I find what version am I using; it only shows 0.8.1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stexe wrote:

Was being a little silly, figured i might as well do them all, for everyone. :)

Stexe wrote:

That means you're using 0.8.1, no borgemik patch. Funny, i didn't realize there was any undo in the base Keldon version. But yeah, if you want fixed undo/redo functionality, use borgemik's last stable patch: "m".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entranced wrote:
Stexe wrote:

Was being a little silly, figured i might as well do them all, for everyone.

Stexe wrote:

That means you're using 0.8.1, no borgemik patch. Funny, i didn't realize there was any undo in the base Keldon version. But yeah, if you want fixed undo/redo functionality, use borgemik's last stable patch: "m".
Actually, the base program eventually did get Undo function. It's just that boremik's is muuuch better since you could just press ctrl+z to undo a decision point, and ctrl+shift+z to undo to the start of the a round. You could also rewind to the very beginning of the game (Undo Game) and also redo a decision point/Round/game, with the former 2 having its own hotkeys (ctrl+y and ctrl+shift+y)

There were no hotkeys to undo in the base program, you'd need to navigate to Menu --> undo, and repeat that many times if you wanna go a bit ways back It got tedious pretty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
Speaking of bugs, did anyone else notice that you can use search and prestige bonus in the same round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironJames wrote:
Speaking of bugs, did anyone else notice that you can use search and prestige bonus in the same round?
Nope... as in AFAIK, it shouldn't work. One time I tried doing a super search plus pII by clicking on II, PP, and '?'. While the II was highlighed with the 'PP mark', it wouldn't actually let me start chose rounds with those action cards choosen until I switched out the super search, or removed the prestige bonus from the II. Alas, I can't recall if I was still on base Keldon program, or already on the enhanced interface then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
ironJames wrote:
Nope... as in AFAIK, it shouldn't work. One time I tried doing a super search plus pII by clicking on II, PP, and '?'. While the II was highlighed with the 'PP mark', it wouldn't actually let me start chose rounds with those action cards choosen until I switched out the super search, or removed the prestige bonus from the II. Alas, I can't recall if I was still on base Keldon program, or already on the enhanced interface then.

Some previous versions of my patch had this bug, but it was fixed in version 0.8.1m.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Negative... Imperium Seat (IS). It was a TO vs. a military world, so IIF did NOT get discarded.

I was in a rush, but if this happens again, I'll be sure to get a screenshot.

There we go.....
using either IS, I went from 0 to 2 PP after using either TO vs. a military world (so IIF's 2nd half of it's power that gives you 2 PP was NOT invoked)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you mind providing a save game, so I can investigate whether this was introduced in the patch or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borgemik wrote:
Would you mind providing a save game, so I can investigate whether this was introduced in the patch or not?
Can you provide details (or geekmail me)....

1) where to send the save?

2) at what point in the game I should save (e.g. the decision point just before the TO is done; or at the beginning of that round)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
borgemik wrote:
Can you provide details (or geekmail me)....

1) where to send the save?

2) at what point in the game I should save (e.g. the decision point just before the TO is done; or at the beginning of that round)?

GM sent. For others, unless the game crashes, it is best (for me) to provide a save game just after the problem has occurred, then I can see exactly what happened (by undoing and redoing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Børge N
Norway
Porsgrunn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have confirmed that this is a patch bug -- and it was introduced in 0.8.1n, since loading the game in 0.8.1m doesn't award you the 2 prestige.

Keep the bug reports coming! I will batch them up and see what I have time to do in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.