Subject: Hard to come back once you're behind rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
In my games (3-player) I found that once a person gets out front it seems hard for them to be overtaken. Has anyone experienced that? What's the strategy to overcome it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the files section of the BGG entry for the anchovy expansion rules. It is my understanding they have a variant for game play that minimizes the runaway leader problem. I haven't played it that way yet, but that's my understanding. I think it modifies rules for placement for the player with the most ingredients on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, George. I actually had someone comeback this weekend so some of my fears are assuaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elhannan Lloyd Keller
United States
Stroudsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the same problem with Pizza Theory, too. My wife (who is a puzzle/spacial gamer) has "broken" the game and wins every time - whether we have the Anchovies or not on the pie. I've kinda lost interest in the game all together due to this unfortunate fact...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to see I'm not alone in my hypothesis. It's still a fine game for 3 players because it only takes 10 minutes and it's very interesting until that tipping point of no return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.