Subject: Please put old Formula De' track packs on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Considering how well Ogre is doing http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogre-designers... I think Formula De' tracks would do VERY well! ESPECIALLY if it was a large pack. I know that Stefan reads this, so I'm hoping that he'll consider it

There's no risk and you'd likely be pleasantly surprised! Since I've purchased the game, several of my colleagues at work have followed suit. We are ALL futilely attempting to track down old tracks via Ebay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Covert
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd second this, but only if my beloved Indianapolis Motor Speedway was made available in the oval configuration.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know...even though I own every circuit released (and some professionally-printed unofficial tracks!), I would probably support this drive.

Especially if they added in some sort of bonus like pre-painted pewter cars or an as of yet unreleased circuit, etc.

Anything Formula D is for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royston Jones
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
You know...even though I own every circuit released (and some professionally-printed unofficial tracks!), I would probably support this drive.

Indeed. I also have all the tracks, but would love to see them reprinted. If it happens, I'd like them to be of the same quality as the Formula D boards though. Especially as some of the older tracks were printed on terribly thin cardstock.

Some of the old tracks have been reconfigured since they were printed, like Hockenheim. I think that Silverstone, Nurburgring and Barcelona should be released and updated as part of the normal Formula D range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkitect wrote:
Indeed. I also have all the tracks, but would love to see them reprinted.

Me too, but only if they are 1/64 (Hot Wheel) scale!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They can release the 10th anniversary track combined with Zandvoort 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would back this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd back it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely would back this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely! Would grab the entire collection. Please do this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Draycott
England
flag msg tools
I'd suggest they make an entire collection as one piece, but also release them for individual sale. Some of us don't have $500+ (or £ from where I am!) to spend in one go. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Z.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup one backer more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably get slammed by the fanboys, but I must be the only one on the planet that thinks $100 for cardboard, some cheap perks and my name on the box is a good deal.

Steve Jackson has certainly fooled alot of people on this one with his Ogre "kickstart".

Seriously? $100? Wow.gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is about Formula De' tracks. Why are you ranting about Ogre here?

Pretty cardboard is 90% of what we pay for when buying a board game. You are free to print out your own version of every game if you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromus wrote:

Pretty cardboard is 90% of what we pay for when buying a board game. You are free to print out your own version of every game if you like.

Reread the OP. And paying for pretty cardboard is one thing. Grossly overpaying is another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own every old Formula De track, but I'd STILL support a kick starter project like this. 3 reasons:

1. To continue to pump life into one of my all-time favorite games.

2. To give my fellow geeks who aren't fortunate enough to have all the old tracks the opportunity to share the joy of these additional expansions.

3. Because I've been impressed by the quality of the Asmodee track boards, & I'd love to see more tracks get that treatment.

Obviously, I'm a total Formula De/D fanboy. I'm so thankful that Asmodee picked up & continues to publish this game. If the Asmodee people were standing in front of me, I would hug them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as consumers we don't (usually) have control over the price of products. Something comes out that we'd like at certain price. Either we pay it or we don't get it. Up to each of us to decide if it is worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd support this on KS, for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Boogalou wrote:
Considering how well Ogre is doing http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogre-designers... I think Formula De' tracks would do VERY well! ESPECIALLY if it was a large pack. I know that Stefan reads this, so I'm hoping that he'll consider it

Not sure if this should be in the forum for Formula D or Dé, but I just hope it gets noticed by the right people.

And in case thumbing the thread isn't enough to indicate interest, this is a "me too" post: I would very seriously consider backing a reasonably priced effort to reprint all the tracks. And this is from someone who hasn't kickstarted anything.

Quote:
There's no risk and you'd likely be pleasantly surprised! Since I've purchased the game, several of my colleagues at work have followed suit. We are ALL futilely attempting to track down old tracks via Ebay

Good luck with that. A Kickstarter effort would probably save you big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just commenting to renew interest. i got to play the original Formula De today and had a blast. I'm already lusting after more tracks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
markgravitygood wrote:
Zeromus wrote:

Reread the OP. And paying for pretty cardboard is one thing. Grossly overpaying is another.

I think you just don't realize how much cardboard is in that box. My understanding is that they're not even making a profit at that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
I'd love to get all the old tracks. I still have my original copy of the game, and I never got all the tracks when I had the chance because I always thought they'd just be available. The reboot caught me by surprise and if haven't invested in it yet since I'm not sure how I feel about the peg boards.

This project might get me to take that leap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.