Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to give this game a blast again
I've been trying to fathom from comments which quests can be played well with just 3 heros and which i'd be better with 2 hands
i don't fancy hard core 20 losses vs 1 win
while i like hard, i like death angel but this game was to hard
so i'm willing to give it another go but i'd like a nudge of advice to avoid to much frustration
what are thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I've played exclusively solo with just three heroes and have had success on every quest up until Khazad-dum, which I haven't yet tried. The only quests that are, in my opinion, extraordinarily difficult are Escape from Dol Guldur and Osgiliath; everything else is quite manageable with just one deck.

I'd recommend starting with the easier quests (e.g., Passage Through Mirkwood, The Hunt for Gollum, The Hills of Emyn Muil) to get a feel for things and then ramp up into the more difficult (Journey Down the Anduin and any parts of the Mirkwood cycle that sound fun). But I don't know which quests you own.

If a quest is giving too much difficulty, I would recommend examining your deck and looking through the forums for sample decks that have been successful. (Or even posting your deck, the quest(s) you're attempting, and the problems you're having and ask for help.) DO NOT just keep trying with the same deck as this can easily lead to frustration.

I hope you enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think its at 15ish quests now
3 base + 6 golum + 3 kaz +3 Derrow +Massing

i'm quite impressed and even emboldened by reading comments people have soloed most 1 handed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.