$10.00
Scott Blakely
msg tools
mb
Title say it all.

Is this a good mix?

Suggestions for what to put in and what to leave out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cathcart
United States
West Conshohocken
US
flag msg tools
Sure. The new MH mythos cards are pretty cool, so are the extra madness/injury and Lurker cards. Go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wojciechowski
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Base + DW + Lurker + Curse (revised). Like you, I'm dreaming of getting Miskatonic. I don't have the expansion, but I plan to add:

New Location cards for Dunwich and Base
New Mythos card not specific to expansions I don't have
New Reckoning cards (Lurker)
New Exhibit cards (Curse)
Any other misc new cards that add to the decks from the expansions I have (i.e. Relationships).

In other words, I'm planning to use all the pieces that expand decks I currently use. I'd imagine you could do the same.

googoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JGT
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's a good mix. It's actually a fantastic mix.

An AH + DH + Lurker is generally one of the best mixes you can have with a Dunwich-board-only game. Neither expansion is diluted too much, and although Dunwich might be a bit sleepier, it's usually not flat-out dead. The extra Lurker cards keep Arkham just a bit more edgy as well.

But adding Miskatonic...especially if you throw in just the Dunwich-related MH Mythos...Dunwich tends to wake up a little mean. Sometimes it's a slept-on-my-arm-OW kinda mean, sometimes it's a how-much-frakkin'-tequila-did-I-drink-last-night kinda mean.

You may also add a few more encounters to every Dunwich neighborhood, a few more Lurker Reckoning cards to make the Lurker Herald quite a bit nastier than before, and an extra card or ten for your Investigator decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the base many times, fiddled with Dunwich and Lurker a bit (separately), and never messed with Miskatonic. I've got a game lined up on Saturday that I'm effectively DM'ing. haha

I'd like to go all out and mix AH, DH, Lurker, and MH. At least parts of each. Question is, how do y'all normally mix these expansions? Injury and Madness cards for instance. Just mix them all together? Or only use MH's? I believe there are a full set of them in MH... How about the rest, like Encounters? Just mix them all and go for it?

I know there's probably entire threads that go into the science and numbers of mixing these, but I'm just hoping here for some quick advice.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
say "em-cee-crispy"
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krakrs wrote:
I've played the base many times, fiddled with Dunwich and Lurker a bit (separately), and never messed with Miskatonic. I've got a game lined up on Saturday that I'm effectively DM'ing. haha

I'd like to go all out and mix AH, DH, Lurker, and MH. At least parts of each. Question is, how do y'all normally mix these expansions? Injury and Madness cards for instance. Just mix them all together? Or only use MH's? I believe there are a full set of them in MH... How about the rest, like Encounters? Just mix them all and go for it?

I know there's probably entire threads that go into the science and numbers of mixing these, but I'm just hoping here for some quick advice.

Thanks!
I just follow the guidance in the rulebook that comes with Miskatonic. Seems easiest for your first time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Wiggins
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Uh! It's this darn dice tower!
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
krakrs wrote:

Thanks!
I just follow the guidance in the rulebook that comes with Miskatonic. Seems easiest for your first time.

Cool, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.