Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Longo
United States
Bayville
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The english rules state "A player who has a map may flip a second tile in front of his adventurer as long as it is of the same color as the first tile he flipped (before he flipped it). If no tiles of that same color are visible, the map has no effect."

The question that was hotly debated during our first game was this:

Can the player flip over a second tile of a matching color anywhere on the board as long as it is in front of his adventurer?

So, as in the example in the rule book, the person rolls a 5 and a 3 and decides to turn over the fifth tile (a yellow) and move 3. Can that adventurer then turn over any other yellow tile that is in front of his adventurer?

Some folks thought that this would make the map too powerful so we had to compromise and wound up allowing the person to only flip over tiles within the possible movement allowance (which made no sense...and I will not play that way again).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Modreski
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see how one would get "within the movement allowance" from the ability. As far as I understand, you can flip any other tile of the same color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Mooney
United States
Troy
NY
flag msg tools
I am not certain we interptreted the rule correctly at our house, but here's what we do:
Using the example above, the fifth tile is being flipped by the explorer w the map, He /she may also flip the sixth tile if it matches tile five's color. If it doesn't match, player can't flip the sixth tile.

We match the color pre-flip...but I guess you could agree beforehand and match to the flipped color. The kids enjoy this game, but I'd like to dress it up a little to make it a little more risky somehow to create dilemmas as you proceed.

We're big Indy Jones fans, so I think the theme brings a lot to this game for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.