Subject: What a great game, glad we picked this up. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lazareth Minnelli
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I have played a few games now, actually started with the variant "The Birds". haha Big scores for sure. Each game we play gets better and more strategic. Absolutely a keeper and we'll be playing this one for years to come.

Great game! Great design and we love the artwork. The cool Poe setting, the graveyards, really awesome job. Very cool gameplay video you guys created too, so cool!

Found this game just by surfing here on the Geek. My wife says to me "Hey wait a minute, scroll back up!" Sure enough she spotted the ad for Crows running at the top of the page. Found it on ebay immediately and won the bid that night. Been enjoying the game ever since.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, i must have missed something. Maybe I got the rules wrong. It seemed rather random and meaningless to me and I really wanted to like it. Glad you're enjoying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Surya Van Lierde is pure Eurosnoot and proud of it!
Belgium
Michelbeke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find this to be a great tactical family super filler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazareth Minnelli
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Man, i must have missed something. Maybe I got the rules wrong. It seemed rather random and meaningless to me and I really wanted to like it. Glad you're enjoying it!

The only random elements I can think of would be the initial play field setup, pulling a tile at random, and drawing a random power token when choosing to put your shiny object on a crowless tree tile (the ones with no pictured crows).

The rest is entirely up to you. Trying to draw as many crows to you as you can while trying to keep your opponent from getting any at all involves some thought and can get tricky from my time with it.. Placement of your shiny object is anything but random. Same as deciding when to use the trash tile, when to use a power, where to place your tile, etc.

Give it another chance if you can, maybe you'll like it better the next go round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Sigman
United States
Bellingham
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Glad you are enjoying the game--thanks for posting the note!

--Tyler Sigman (Crows Designer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazareth Minnelli
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome Tyler and thank you for creating the game and sharing it with the world. It brings a little joy to our lives and that's priceless. Bravo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Sigman
United States
Bellingham
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
zanti_misfit wrote:
You're welcome Tyler and thank you for creating the game and sharing it with the world. It brings a little joy to our lives and that's priceless. Bravo!

That's what we do it for.

Don't know if you are into such things, but you might consider writing a short review of Crows. The game has very few actual reviews, and I know that people on the Geek really hunger for Reviews above all else, as that helps them judge whether a game is worth buying.

Regardless, have fun!

--TS

PS Nice pics...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Begin
United States
Reno
NV
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this game and Tyler was kind enough to reply with the one rules question we had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazareth Minnelli
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I get a little free time I certainly will Tyler, no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.