Hide
7 Posts

The Count of Carcassonne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Anyone notice the change of rules in RGG Big Box 2? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
haheho joker
msg tools
I know this might be kind of late, but hey whatever.

Here are the exact wordings:

"When (and after) a player places a follower in Carcassonne, he may move the count to any of the four
quarters in Carcassonne. No player may move a follower to or from the quarter where the count stands."

That means at the start of the game when the Count is standing on the castle quarter, the first follower cannot move to the castle. He must place his follower into one of the other quarters, move the count, and wait for the second chance, if he wants to place one meeple inside the castle.

Anyone get any thoughts about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haheho_joker wrote:
I know this might be kind of late, but hey whatever.

Here are the exact wordings:

"When (and after) a player places a follower in Carcassonne, he may move the count to any of the four
quarters in Carcassonne. No player may move a follower to or from the quarter where the count stands."

That means at the start of the game when the Count is standing on the castle quarter, the first follower cannot move to the castle. He must place his follower into one of the other quarters, move the count, and wait for the second chance, if he wants to place one meeple inside the castle.

Anyone get any thoughts about this?

What is the "change"? It seems like the original rules to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm missing something...where/what is the change from the original?

I've only got the RG edition, were the rules different in first German print?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haheho joker
msg tools
Cause in the original rules, the count does not block people to get inside the city of carcassonne, at least that's what I think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haheho_joker wrote:
Cause in the original rules, the count does not block people to get inside the city of carcassonne, at least that's what I think

Hmm, I don't know since it has been forever since I used this expansion. I thought this statement counted for placing followers int eh City as well as taking them out:

Quote:
When a player places a follower in Carcassonne, he may
move the count to any of the four quarters in
Carcassonne. From the quarter where the count stands,
no player may move a follower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haheho joker
msg tools
ColtsFan76 wrote:
haheho_joker wrote:

Hmm, I don't know since it has been forever since I used this expansion. I thought this statement counted for placing followers int eh City as well as taking them out:

Quote:
When a player places a follower in Carcassonne, he may
move the count to any of the four quarters in
Carcassonne. From the quarter where the count stands,
no player may move a follower.

Oh really? I don't know... I never heard anyone mentions about blocking followers getting inside the city. The word 'move' I orginally think it only means "getting out".

Well, but if that's so, then I am sticking to that rule. Actually this is better otherwise it is too easy to add follower into the castle quarter to steal points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which version of rules is this? The translated English version that I have allows you to

(A) Move a Meeple to one of the 4 Quarters

(B) Optionally, move the Count

...as long as you complete an opponent's feature, giving them 1 or more points. You also get to place a meeple on the tile you drew to do this, if you want (assuming there is a legal placement).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.