Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: uk_gamers [+] UK [+] [View All]
Dave J
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found a list of UK based geeks. Unfortunately as more forums have been added, it has disappeared from the front page.

Apologies for taking up vital forum space but i think it needs to be listed again...

Have a look, add your name, you might even find a lonely geek in your area looking for a group!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Still at:

South Yorkshire, between Doncaster and Barnsley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you cut and paste the following into Google, you will get a complete listing of United Kingdom members of the Geek (or as complete as a Google search can be):

site:www.boardgamegeek.com "Country:, United Kingdom" -php3 -gamexml boardgamegeek.com/user

As for me, I am still in Market Deeping, just outside Peterborough. I run a monthly Saturday gaming session, and always welcome new faces.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOKYO Heartbroken
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, is there a way of filtering that search by Last Login Date? I'd like to see a list based on use in the last 3 months. Do you know if that's achievable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Chris, is there a way of filtering that search by Last Login Date? I'd like to see a list based on use in the last 3 months. Do you know if that's achievable?

Adding "Last Login:, 2005" to the Google search will give you everyone who has logged in in 2005 - i.e.

site:www.boardgamegeek.com "Last Login:, 2005" "Country:, United Kingdom" -php3 -gamexml boardgamegeek.com/user

To do the last 3 months, you would need to do three separate searches - one adding

"Last Login:, 2005-09"

one adding

"Last Login:, 2005-08"

and one adding

"Last Login:, 2005-07"

etc

Note that the google search may only return one result, with a comment:
"In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 1 already displayed." If you click on the link below that, it will show you all matches.

Hope this helps.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might have to do multiple searches now as some of us have Country: England (or Scotland or Wales) in our profiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Walton
United Kingdom
Cannock
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wrote:
I'm fairly new to 'serious' gaming. A quick look at my collection will tell you that. I'm in Cannock, Staffs. Anyone know of a local group in need of a new member?

Cheers to everyone who helped. I'm now nicely busy helping The Games Club Cannock become the best in the UK. Anyone wanna come along?

http://www.thegamesclubcannock.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
I think you might have to do multiple searches now as some of us have Country: England (or Scotland or Wales) in our profiles.

I think that folk are going to start regretting that separate countries for the UK were enabled.

Although I can understand the reasons behind it (identity and the ability to play with the neat little flags) it is already buggering up the Trades custom search. The "Search My Country Only" is now useless for Brits, as you have to do a select on United Kingdom, England, Scotland, and Wales, if you want to include as many people as possibe in your search. And as the form has no "memory" you have to go through and select these countries every time.

Also, if you can have England, Scotland and Wales, where's Northern Ireland?

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm fairly new to 'serious' gaming. A quick look at my collection will tell you that. I'm in Cannock, Staffs. Anyone know of a local group in need of a new member?

Your just too far away from Loughborough, alas. Movie Buffs lives in Stoke. How far is that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Todd
United Kingdom
Manchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello David. Another East Midlander! I'm in Nottingham, and finding it hard to find games players round here. You're the closest so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Aldridge - that's not too far from Cannock, though the house is too small to host any sessions. At the moment, we're building a house - once done, I hope to set up a games group in or around Sutton Coldfield.

Best bet for local game groups to suit Cannock AND Nottingham is actually Burton On Trent - I try to get up there at least once a fortnight. Phil, who runs Spirit Games in Burton, organises sessions every Wednesday at the Devonshire pub (Station Street, Burton) and on Thursdays at the Prince Alfred (Derby Road, Burton). The Thursday session has a tendency to degenerate into beers and chatting, rather than actual gaming, on the slow weeks; either way, new faces are always welcome but it's a good idea to email/ring Phil at the shop to check time and directions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in Hertfordshire, but move to Durham on Sunday. Where there is an excellent games society, attached to the University but open to Students too.

The subdividing business is silly. No one expects the Americans to register seperately if they are from Texas, and Texas was an indpendent country a lot more recently than England, Wales or Scotland.

Northern Irelanders probably prefer Britain, or if they are Nationalists they can just select Ireland...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOKYO Heartbroken
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The really silly bit is that Britain has no forum and is put in Europe (wait for it), but New Zealand gets its own forum, and all the states in Australia get their own forums. I'm perfectly happy with a Europe forum, but why not break it down to its nations, Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and so on.

BTW, come to York. Beyond Monopoly! may not be the biggest or the best, but it's got the biggest mouth! Next meet is THIS Saturday!!!
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/57583
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Turner
United Kingdom
Ilkeston
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
Another East Midlander here (well 2 actually). We (46 year old and his 14 year old daughter) live in Ilkeston which is on the Notts/Derbyshire border about halfway between the two cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kidsley
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Long Eaton, Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ilkeston gamer wrote:
Another East Midlander here (well 2 actually). We (46 year old and his 14 year old daughter) live in Ilkeston which is on the Notts/Derbyshire border about halfway between the two cities.

Great to see someone very local to me, I live in Long Eaton by the way. I am 38 and just rediscovering my love of board gaming (now the kids are abit older). I keep buying games and have no one with the love to play with (I can rope in the missus but dont think her heart is in it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Malme
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's likely that this thread is only being read by UK users. So I am going to raise the issue in the BGG Suggestions forum.

Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pritchard
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
Just thought I'd add myself on to this here thread and bump it up.

My girlfriend and I are in Nottingham, we are always struggling to find enough players to play Siedler with especially since we got the 5-6 player expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed James
England
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread will go the way of Pompey....down, down down....
arrrh

I am a board gamer from Portsmouth. Kinda got my own game group going, though it's irregular and hosted at my house.

I think the UK ought to have it's own forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Askew
United Kingdom
Pelaw, Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding myself to the list.

I lurk around the Newcastle/Sunderland area.

Wooyeh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slightly askew, would you venture as far south as Durham? There is a university games society here. Only during termtime, which means no meetings after tonight's for a month or so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United Kingdom
Ventnor
Isle of Wight
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently live in a village called Peasedown just outside of Bath. Was gaming frequently in Frome until we had a baby (now 12 weeks old), not quite confident enough to make the journey back there.

(I don't drive so my girlfriend used to give me a lift and play with us, with baby in tow that's a little more difficult. However, we quite successfully game in our own home, where people are hardly going to be offended by the presence of said baby

Before then I lived in Exeter and used to game down there, and have the time booked off work for BayCon already.

Any other Peasedown St John gamers that fancy a bash at some games but don't fancy the trip to Frome then let me know, I have a decent collection of games and love to teach them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Robinson
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another chance to plug the Halesowen Boardgames Club! If you live in the West Midlands or happen to pass through on a Wednesday evening then please give us a visit:

http://www.halesowenboardgamers.org.uk/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lea Hudson
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I live just outside of Halifax in West Yorks.

I also think the UK should have a forum.

Cheers,
Lea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Crawshaw
Australia
Wyoming
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Gordon wrote:
Another chance to plug the Halesowen Boardgames Club! If you live in the West Midlands or happen to pass through on a Wednesday evening then please give us a visit:

http://www.halesowenboardgamers.org.uk/

I'd just like to second that. I've been once and they're a good bunch. I keep trying to get back again but real life keeps getting in the way.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Collingham
United Kingdom
Durham
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Durham too! Hurray for the north....even if its horrible and cold and wet at the moment.

Russell (Collywobbles)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.