United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Add another to the Leeds list.

Though I'm busy with (if you've not seen it yet) this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/119159

for the next couple of months. Come along if you can!

B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Todd
United Kingdom
Manchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hey I'm from Westhoughton. Unfortunatly I've moved away now to Nottingham. Darn!

Andrew, if you want somone to game with in Nottingham, you're welcome to say hello.

And Jon, Derby's not too far away.

There's only a few of us, but we might be able to get a proper group going in Nottingham with a few more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Shilling
United Kingdom
Hove
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hove, East Sussex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Piggot
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bristol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roscow
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Having stumbled across this thread, I guess I should lob our London Board Games Club into the mix. Been going since 2002. West London. Mainly Sundays. Findable www.lbgc.co.uk. We have enough members, but there are always people leaving London and others arriving and joining.

Bob

But this thread will fade down to be several pages ago, never to be read again? So, yes a UK forum, with a sticky on clubs/groups you might apply to. And, elsewhere, on the General Gaming thread, I'm arguing that BGG should have a listing of clubs/groups you might apply to, as a section on the main menu, not buried away in forums and chat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
Omega Centauri
badge
Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I should be on this list too.

Based in SE London, but will travel to play games

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bullions
England
Hayes
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobroscow wrote:
Having stumbled across this thread, I guess I should lob our London Board Games Club into the mix. Been going since 2002. West London. Mainly Sundays. Findable www.lbg.co.uk. We have enough members, but there are always people leaving London and others arriving and joining.

Bob

But this thread will fade down to be several pages ago, never to be read again? So, yes a UK forum, with a sticky on clubs/groups you might apply to. And, elsewhere, General Gaming thread, I'm arguing that BGG should have a listing of clubs/groups you might apply to, as a section on the main menu, not buried away in forums and chat.

Opps ! Bob got the address wrong. It should be www.lbgc.co.uk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Im in Torquay so give us a shout.

Any one else around this area from some casual gaming?

vikingduck wrote:
Devon. Princetown, actually, up with the prison on Dartmoor. But that means Plymouth, Exeter and most of the towns around the moor are within reach. Anyone out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roscow
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
dave45 wrote:

Opps ! Bob got the address wrong. It should be www.lbgc.co.uk

Ooops, sorry, and yes you're right, and thanks for spotting it. A bit late, but in case anyone tries to follow the wrong address I gave, and doesn't read down to your post, I've now amended lbg to lbgc (londonboardgamesclub).

Thanks, Dave. It was just a typo. Talking of which ..... you said "Opps !" ? Easily done. But I really should check the vital bits like email addresssses...

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Lea
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm based in Cambridge, but presently have next to no free time due to my expanding family and horrendous job. Maybe next year ..?

In other news: first post after a year of lurking! Huzzah for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Murray
United Kingdom
Epsom
flag msg tools
Epsom based. I've recently moved down here, and myself and my girlfriend are suffering boardgame withdrawl. We are willing to host or travel to play, especially as Guildford is nearby and seems like a bit of a gaming hotspot. We mostly play Catan/Carassonne based games, mostly. Actually we will play anything, more or less.
Cheers,
Ben

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tony brotherton
United Kingdom
orpington
kent
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bobroscow wrote:
I'm arguing that BGG should have a listing of clubs/groups you might apply to, as a section on the main menu, not buried away in forums and chat.

I requested the same, I think it's odd that Europe (The current hot bed of game design) doesn't get split out into countries. A the time of writting there's 11 pages covering 253 threads, that's a little intimidating for the newbies or people just getting into BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
United Kingdom
Stoke Gifford
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bristol (Stoke Gifford to be precise), only recently rekindled my interest in unplugged gaming, fallen in love with Settlers of Catan in particular (gone Catan crazy tbh).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wood
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could've sworn I had put my name on this list.
Maybe I had. Or had I? Maybe not. Or just maybe...

Anyway - MANCHESTER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tqboz wrote:
Well Im in Torquay so give us a shout.

Any one else around this area from some casual gaming?

vikingduck wrote:
Devon. Princetown, actually, up with the prison on Dartmoor. But that means Plymouth, Exeter and most of the towns around the moor are within reach. Anyone out there?

Oi oi Devonshire types... add me to the list. Exeter (ish)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you guys in Derby and Nottingham would be welcome to come along to one of our Loughborough nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Colinton
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there - Nick West checking in! Currently keep bases in North London (Highgate) and Edinburgh (southside)

Per Fischer (pfischer) and I are starting to get a small gaming group going in Edinburgh - new players welcome to drop one of us a line. Looks like settling into Monday evenings at one or others homes.

Apart from that I try to drop in on the South East Scotland Wargames Group (http://www.seswc.org/) in Edinburgh on Thursdays.

Similarly when I'm down south in Highgate, Toby Hales (tobyhales) has a successful, approximately bi-weekly, group going on Tuesdays or Wednesdays at his place. Again I expect a PM to him might secure an invite.

Apart from that I would recommend Swiggers (http://www.pevans.co.uk/Swiggers/) which play a great collection of eurogames near London Bridge on Wednesdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer based in Telford where we have a little group on Thursday evenings, anyone local welcome to let me know and come and join us.

Have been along to Halesowen Board Games Club a few times recently, very nice bunch of people though the room can be a little busy.

Paul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl huber
England
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm based in South London, and after a break away from gaming (I was last playing regularely when Sumo was dropping through my letter box) would love to hook up with a local group. I'm into the likes of Up Front, Settlers, and recently Knizia's LOTR: Confrontation, amongst others (I have a worrying collection of Avalon Hill games that really should get out more).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
liberor13 wrote:
Yikes, this is like AA for UK-Geeks! Hi I'm Rich and I'm a UK Geek. I live in Tewkesbury (in Midlands) and there are no gamers or groups around here to my knowledge. I get my uni friends to play every now and again.

We are only 20 mins away in Gloucester! If you fancy a game sometime gimme a yell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chalk me up as yet another one in Derby who's yet to make it to a night in Burton...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame on you- though if everyone expressing the wish to turn up all arrived on the same Wednesday, we'd run out of chairs real fast!

If I can make it up there from Sutton, you Derby people have no excuse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Cook
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Shame on you- though if everyone expressing the wish to turn up all arrived on the same Wednesday, we'd run out of chairs real fast!

Then to the Devonshire we go.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
arrrh

I am a board gamer from Portsmouth. Kinda got my own game group going, though it's irregular and hosted at my house.

I think the UK ought to have it's own forum.

Aha! Found you Ed!

I'm Paul in Southampton. For anyone nearby head to the Hidden Fortress, East St., City Centre on Tues evenings, 7-11pm
EDIT- Hidden Fortress have gone out of business.
So we now hire a room upstairs in the Railway Institute http://www.dontstayin.com/uk/eastleigh/the-railway-institute
at 7-11pm, Tues evenings (you have to pay a small fee at Eastleigh, fist time is free though).

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.