BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe

Subject: Calling all UK gamers... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: uk_gamers [+] UK [+] [View All]
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgot to mention- I went to Uni in Nottingham. You can go to their boardgame soc, which is sundays from 2pm til 7 (term time only), Portland building, C floor somewhere (they drift around). You should probably be able to get in ok if you're not a student- not sure what the exact rules are.

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Hyslop
United Kingdom
Romford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Romford area, Essex for me. Any gamers near by? I like Euros and Wargames. Could probably host a few people at my place and leave some things set up for longer games. Not got a huge table though.

I've tried Swiggers at London Bridge but you have to be there by about 6 otherwise every one is already involved in a game. I'm unlikely to be able to get there before 7 so it does not seem to work for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Connor
United Kingdom
Brentwood
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoplosternum wrote:
Romford area, Essex for me. Any gamers near by? I like Euros and Wargames. Could probably host a few people at my place and leave some things set up for longer games. Not got a huge table though.

I've tried Swiggers at London Bridge but you have to be there by about 6 otherwise every one is already involved in a game. I'm unlikely to be able to get there before 7 so it does not seem to work for me.

Brentwood - Essex. Is that near enough?

I've recently started attending a club in Chelmsford ( http://www.mnemosyne.demon.co.uk/ttngc/index.htm ) and a very decent bunch they are too. Mostly they seem to play Euros but the odd light wargame floats around.

Always looking for new gaming opportunities and would definitely like to get back playing wargames again.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacco Versteeg
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post in both threads then. :o)

Living in East London (Leytonstone), running a Meetup games group in Central London (Charing Cross). Wednesday evenings at the moment, looking for possible expansion into Sunday afternoons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george fyvie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
looking for gamers in edinburgh for new club meeting in the 3 tuns bar in hanover st edinburgh, 01312258998 for more details meet monday night and saturday daytimes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Roscow
United Kingdom
London
UK
flag msg tools
alhazared wrote:
bobroscow wrote:
I'm arguing that BGG should have a listing of clubs/groups you might apply to, as a section on the main menu, not buried away in forums and chat.

I requested the same, I think it's odd that Europe (The current hot bed of game design) doesn't get split out into countries. A the time of writting there's 11 pages covering 253 threads, that's a little intimidating for the newbies or people just getting into BGG.

Catching up. My point is, I think, different. I don't mind that much that Europe is lumped together. My concern is that any announcement of a club/venue on any thread in this forum decays down the slope of time, and becomes old/lost. I argue that there should be a list, or sticky, or so, of clubs/venues that searchers can easily find and scan through. It wouldn't matter much if there were 40 European entries or 10 UK ones, it would still be easier to spot clubs than now, searching back through old posts ...

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Roscow
United Kingdom
London
UK
flag msg tools
But I guess the current system is just to mention your club here on this thread from time to time.

Ours is the London Board Games Club. We meet in Ealing, most Sundays and most Tuesdays. Been going 4 years. Age range 25-55. We have enough members, but welcome new ones. Anyone can find out more and contact us via www.lbgc.co.uk

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, im in the Doncaster/Sheffield area, if any groups out there wouldn't mind a couple of game newbies then let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jackson Pope
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields wrote:
Hi, im in the Doncaster/Sheffield area, if any groups out there wouldn't mind a couple of game newbies then let me know!

If you don't mind a trek, Beyond Monopoly meet at the Railway Institute in York (right next to the station) every first and third Saturday of the month. More info at: http://bmyork.pbwiki.com

Cheers,

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wood
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool, I might have to persuade someone from my group to come up with me. I'll let you know before if I can make it down to the next meeting. Most likely if i can make it it would be me (i'm 16) and one of my friends, who is around 19. Would it be worth me fetching up Cosmic Encounter? it would most likely end up being the only game i knew if i did

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am now involved with two groups.

My local group in Leamington Spa and Warwick meets either at a pub or at someone's house on Mondays at 8 or 8:30 (everything is organized at the last minute by email) and plays a variety of Euro games.

The other group meets irregularly in Wendover in Bucks. to play multi-player card-driven games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I also should mention my pre-relocation club the Liverpool Wargames Association that meets in the centre of Liverpool every Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon. Visit the website at http://www.lwaonline.org.uk/ or contact BGG user Crom Cruach (Craig Benn). Be aware though that Craig has little time for Eurogames or Eurogamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOKYO Heartbroken
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields wrote:
Cool, I might have to persuade someone from my group to come up with me. I'll let you know before if I can make it down to the next meeting. Most likely if i can make it it would be me (i'm 16) and one of my friends, who is around 19. Would it be worth me fetching up Cosmic Encounter? it would most likely end up being the only game i knew if i did

Hello Michael,
You'll be very welcome at Beyond Monopoly! Good news, from now on, your first visit to BM! is free. Bring CE if you want, I can't promise many takers. We're more german-style games, but we do play older, heavier games too. You don't need to know any games, we'll teach you all the best ones.

Drop me a message with your email address and I'll put you on the email list. I'll send you info about the club and you get a reminder before each meeting. We meet at the RI, just by the railway station, so it's quite easy to come from Doncaster.

You're not the only Donny player at BM!, we have Andy as well. Or is it Alan?

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Benn
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt

You make me out to be some kind of crusty old bad tempered grognard - actually that's a pretty fair description - although I hate Eurogames, I don't hate Eurogamers - they are merely misguided souls needing to be brought into the light.

The Liverpool Wargames Association is a catholic church (not literally) which embraces all faiths - lead heads (miniatures), role players, war and euro gamers. The club is long running and leases its own premises so it is possible to leave games set up (I've had a 10 month World in Flames game ). First four visits are free, Saturday is role playing day. Theres even a kids sunday once a month.

ASL players especially welcome (by me anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nello Cozzolino
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Brascogames London U.K. www.brascogames.webs.com
mbmbmbmbmb
crystal palace,anerly, g.hill any gamers????

a nice sunday afternoon at the local pub --> some nice games !!!
drop me a note let's start a new SE gaming group:
few reasons:
1. is cheap......... most of the pubs do not charge a penny for few hours of boardgaming
2. well..you just pay your own drink
3. three differents tables means differents games..so everyone can play
whatever available

drop me a note se london

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, there is, I hear, a new games club strting up in Liverpool in the Lion tavern near Moorfields; meeting on Mondays at 7 starting, I believe, on the last Monday in November. The contact number is 0151 236 5773.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Benn
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Splitters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crom Cruach wrote:
Splitters!

It's OK... it's only going to be us strange Eurogamer types. Playing games that may finish in 60-90 minutes.

But Matthew's info is correct. There'll be more info (and a Yahoo Group) this week, once my partner in crime comes back from Mid-Con.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hillier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
North Londoner checking in. I'm not really able to travel outside the city, but more than willing to hop around anywhere in London for a group deemed worthy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacco Versteeg
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've got a few options then....

Lessee: Swiggers at London Bridge, Meetup group at Charing Cross, Phoenix in Plaistow, Bush Bash in Shepherd's Bush, London Board Games club in Ealing......

Who am I forgetting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
London Board games club in Ealing??surprise

I am now living in Ealing, at least during termtime. Tell me more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cole
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had time to read through all of this yet (my fault for logging in at work I guess). I'm based in central Bristol, and always looking for more opportunities to get to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack H.
United Kingdom
Rochester
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty! I'm a relatively new (well, more like returning) gamer, from Rochester. Anyone from the Medway or Mid/West Kent area?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacco Versteeg
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
London Board games club in Ealing??surprise

I am now living in Ealing, at least during termtime. Tell me more!

According to the Leisure games notice board:

Leisure Games wrote:
Based in Ealing, West London. We are now an established group, set up in 2002, and going well with about 25 members, usually 4-8 at any given session, usually playing one game we can all play together. We play multi-player boardgames (not rpg), eg. Apocalypse, Diplomacy, Robo-Rally, Settlers, Carcassonne, Puerto Rico, Shogun, Kremlin, Risk, Junta, Cosmic Encounter, Railway Rivals, Talisman, Kingmaker.
We meet about twice a month, most often on Sundays 2.30 till 7.30, but sometimes on weekday evenings. Here at my home in Ealing (plenty of space). Friendly and not taking it too seriously, or you wouldn't fit in. Age range 22-52 currently.
Email Bob at bobroscow@madasafish.com, or find London Boardgames Club on Google"

Haven't met these people (being in East London and responsible for the Meetup group) but I presume they're decent folks. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Teakle
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm from Worthing, West Sussex. Looking for one or two more to join us for our regular games night every Thursday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.