London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
We play boardgames in Colliers Wood on a Thursday night, and have a small Magic draft on a Friday (no fee - players draft with our boosters, we keep the cards).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MBarratt wrote:
Also, there is, I hear, a new games club strting up in Liverpool in the Lion tavern near Moorfields; meeting on Mondays at 7 starting, I believe, on the last Monday in November. The contact number is 0151 236 5773.

In addition to the above information there is a Yahoo Group for the club now set up.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/liverpool_lion_boardgame...

Thanks

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fawcett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Chesterfield, Derbyshire.
Looking down the lists I seem to be in a lonely area.
I am in need of a gaming group so if there are groups short players in my area please shout up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sami Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm based in Shefford, near Bedford and Hitchin,

Run a weekly games club every Monday night, please drop me a PM if you are in the area and would like to come along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:

Hello Michael,
You'll be very welcome at Beyond Monopoly! Good news, from now on, your first visit to BM! is free. Bring CE if you want, I can't promise many takers. We're more german-style games, but we do play older, heavier games too. You don't need to know any games, we'll teach you all the best ones.

Drop me a message with your email address and I'll put you on the email list. I'll send you info about the club and you get a reminder before each meeting. We meet at the RI, just by the railway station, so it's quite easy to come from Doncaster.

You're not the only Donny player at BM!, we have Andy as well. Or is it Alan?

Cheers,
Jon.

It's Alan... I'm his brother... the one from Manchester We don't always get up to BM, as Al works some saturdays, and I don't often get away from Manny at the weekends...

The next one we might possibly make it for (beginning of December), though I haven't checked with Al. If we're there, we'd both be happy to play CE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be a good place to mention the by-country user search facilities..

Click on the little flag under yours or someone else's username and it takes you to a list of all BGG users in that country... You can then narrow this down by filtering on county or city and also sort by last login date to find the more active BGGers.

example... this links to a search done on York (for your marketing Jon )
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=flag&count...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TOKYO ReBOUND
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks AlanAndy, I was trying to recall that trick last week.
Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Southampton Uni Gamesoc meets in the SUSU cafe, Weds and Sat afternoons, 2-5pm
http://www.sotongamesoc.com/

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barratt
United Kingdom
Royal Leamington Spa
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
This might be a good place to mention the by-country user search facilities..

Click on the little flag under yours or someone else's username and it takes you to a list of all BGG users in that country... You can then narrow this down by filtering on county or city and also sort by last login date to find the more active BGGers.

example... this links to a search done on York (for your marketing Jon )
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=flag&count...

I guess you would have to repeat your search for England/Wales/Scotland/NI due to BGG's insane decision to allow users to either chose UK or a home nation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith gell
United Kingdom
eastbourne
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My name is Keith Gell in EASTBOURNE sussex.

Looking for people to play 7 Ages, or 18xx games.

Keith

You can contact me on : KeithGell@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Tyson
United Kingdom
Toddington
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Aylesbury group meets every Wednesday from 7pm to 11pm at Haydon Hill Community Centre, Dickens Way, Aylesbury, HP19 8SR.

There's also a monthly games group I help run on the 2nd Saturday of each month. We used to meet in Milton Keynes but have just relocated to Leighton Buzzard. You can find more details here: http://www.gaminguk.info/mk/

If you fancy joining us at either venue you'd be more than welcome.

If you need any more info please get touch.

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith gell
United Kingdom
eastbourne
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Eastbourne Sussex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Weller
United Kingdom
London
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckenham, Kent. South London

Dont belong to a group. would like to play more often. Especially Euro games!

Dean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith gell
United Kingdom
eastbourne
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rich

I shal be at Malvern until March 2007.

How far is it from Malvern to Tewksbury?

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allie Whiteley
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
Banstead, North Surrey (near Croydon, Sutton etc).

If there are any groups meeting on Saturdays or Sundays near me, I'd be interested to hear about them.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi. based in Manchester city centre here.

am aware of Man-O-War/Warfrog group meeting on saturdays and FanBoy3 sunday evenings but am usually unable to attend weekend meetings.

so, am looking for similiar minded gamers to organise a mid-week gaming in Manchester.

Thanks to Andy for pointing out this thread for further Manchester gaming updates http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/142656

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Calling all Brighton gamers...
Hi,

I'm up for gaming in Brighton. Week nights are generally out though as I work in London.

I am soon to buy Carcassonne The City meeple and Through The Desert caravan.

My GF likes some of my games but not others so it would be cool to meet up to play those games that are gathering dust in my cupboard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a reminder that the Liverpool Lion Boardgamers will reconvene on Monday 8th January 2007, starting from 6.30pm.

The LLB's meet every Monday at the Lion Tavern, Tithebarn Street (near Moorfields), Liverpool.

We look forward to seeing you.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich steed
United Kingdom
Stoke-On-Trent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody play games in the Stoke area on a night other than Thursday? I have to go down to Oxford every Thursday so am never back in time for the Shire Games night

KZ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
King Zombie wrote:
Does anybody play games in the Stoke area on a night other than Thursday? I have to go down to Oxford every Thursday so am never back in time for the Shire Games night

KZ

Tim (Laticpot) sometimes has a games evening at his house on a Tuesday night.. Might be worth sending him a geekmail.
I've been a few times, but Tuesday's will soon be gaming in Manchester (fingers crossed).

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/laticpot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Burns
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based in Portsmouth - any other Pompey gamers out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:

I've been a few times, but Tuesday's will soon be gaming in Manchester (fingers crossed).

Indeed, thanks to Brendan and Andy, this gaming group has started 16th February and hope to have it weekly on a Tuesday. We intend to have various hosts including Stockport, Sale, City Centre and Ashton at moment.

Those interested, check out the thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/142656
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed James
England
Portsmouth
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Romeo wrote:
Based in Portsmouth - any other Pompey gamers out there?

I'm a gamer and I live in Portsmouth. Guess that makes me a Pompey gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruce connal
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm based near Wandsworth Common / Balham area of London. If I can get out of work early enough I am always up for a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john davidson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If anyone is based in the Edinburgh area I can recommend the South East Scotland Wargames club as a place to go for that regular gaming fix.

It meets weekly on Thurday nights in the Royal Navy club down at the Cannonmills end of Broughton Street.(7pm-11pm).
Although it is primarily a tabletop figure wargames club there are usually at least two groups(10-14 people) playing boardgames or RPGs going on.

As it is held in a private club premises, the beer is cheaper than in a local pub and we have a number of 6x4 foot tables, felt cloths and other useful stuff stored there.

If you want come regularly there is a nominal fee (£15 per year to join the club) but new members are welcome to come along for a few weeks to see if they like it before they decide.
Check it out:- http://www.seswc.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.