Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nasella
United States
Talent
Oregon
flag msg tools
Hi,

I am using a home made version of the scrolls (from the files section). I understand how scrolls are distributed, but one thing that is unclear, is that in some of the comments, people mentioned that there is a push your luck aspect to the scrolls. Where you wait longer to score more points when submitting your scrolls? I am not sure if I am misunderstanding how the scrolls work or am I reading to much in to some of the comments.

Do you receive more points when submitting your scrolls in later rounds?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clodius wrote:
Hi,

I am using a home made version of the scrolls (from the files section). I understand how scrolls are distributed, but one thing that is unclear, is that in some of the comments, people mentioned that there is a push your luck aspect to the scrolls. Where you wait longer to score more points when submitting your scrolls? I am not sure if I am misunderstanding how the scrolls work or am I reading to much in to some of the comments.

Do you receive more points when submitting your scrolls in later rounds?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

I have not played but this is my understanding of the rules. You get points for all completed tiles in the row or section that you have just completed and matches your scroll. So the longer you wait, the more points you will score. But the longer you wait, the less opportunity you have to actually complete the scroll.

So if you are the first one to complete a tile in the row you have, you can reveal the scroll and get 2 points. But if you are the last person to complete a tile and reveal, then you can get 10 points. The problem is someone might get that 5th tile before it comes back to you, so this is the "push your luck" aspect of the mechanic.

Also, you can get extra points completing both the row and column at the same time. But this translates to exactly 1 tile (instead of a potential of 5 tiles for each scroll individually). So the longer you wait here, it is even more likely you won't be able to complete the one tile that resolves both scrolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Butt
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
unofficial PDF wrote:
When a player completes a section of the fresco that appears on either of his scrolls & the bishop is on the completed section, the player can use his scroll or scrolls.

Does this mean the bishop must be on the tile before scoring (+3 vp), or is it referring to the bishops automatic post completion move?

And if one completes one tile, what happens to the other one? Is it discarded,or can you score it later with a separate painting action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.