Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I compiled a number of posts and resources on two pages of my blog. One is for creativity and the other is for critical thinking.

I mention traditional board or card games, some of which are for sale and others that can be played with just paper and pencil. Other resources there are free technology based activities based on the traditional games.

As always, my goal is to promote our hobby and encourage some creativity and fun in the classroom. Please share if you know some educators who would be interested.

The creativity games and activities:
http://classroomgamesandtech.blogspot.com/p/creativity-activ...

Critical thinking games and activities:
http://classroomgamesandtech.blogspot.com/p/critical-thinkin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kohlman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Very interesting.

The games What? and Things... would fit nicely into this category. They have a bit of writing to them, but not an overwhelming amount which makes it a nice fit for strong and struggling students alike.

Dixit is another good choice and my students really got a lot of milage with this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Things and I like the open ended nature of the game a lot. The fact that the goal is to guess who wrote which response was sort of a letdown though. It's kind of fun among friends, but it turns into a blind guess too often...at least when we played.

The game Who Said That? also has that same goal, but I liked some of the questions that it raised.

Dixit is a lot of fun too, but I didn't think there was a chance I could get permission to copy all those great cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.