Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the design of Forceball, nor do I wish to take credit or ownership of the work requested below.

Background: I've been enjoying my learning progress with the game, but dislike that it doesn't include any built in method for keeping score. I plan to design a single printout to add some cards that can be used for keeping score using a base 4 system across 3 cards per player, using the sides of the cards to track their scores.

Request: I'm terrible at creating images, but can manage existing works, so I am in need of someone who could draw an image suitable for such a score card. My thoughts are some sort of futurist goal that fits with the theme of the game.

I can donate some to the cause if that would help

Poll: As for the cards themselves, I've started looking at fonts for the numbers and think I've found some nice options, but figured I'd ask you guys & gals for your preference since I'll be sharing this work once I'm completed. So, these are my fav 5 that I've encountered for this project:

Poll
Which fonts do you prefer?
Colleged
Varsity Regular
Allstar
Coalition
Batman Forever
      15 answers
Poll created by s3rvant

What say you?!

Edit: Links to the fonts for those who're interested:
Colleged: http://www.dafont.com/colleged.font
Varsity Regular: http://www.dafont.com/varsity-regular.font
Allstar: http://www.dafont.com/allstar.font
Coalition: http://www.dafont.com/coalition.font?fpp=50&text=1234567890
Batman Forever: http://www.dafont.com/batman-forever.font
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Coalition is winning thus far. Haven't yet received any word from someone willing to help with the actual art (pretty please!). Btw, this scoring system can track up to 127 points and I also plan to include a new version of the ball card with how high the scoring bid is up to for tracking that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
damian isherwood
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey David.
If you don't mind waiting for about 2 weeks then I can probably do a little bit of art for ya. I'm currently up to my eyeballs in stuff but like I mentioned in about 2 weeks or so things should be at a pace that I could do a bit of work for ya. Let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great! I'll look through the actual game cards and see if I can find any little glimpse of the goals, might help with inspiration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found what looks to be a goal depicted in a few of the cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! all
..what's the max. score any one has ever reached? ..just wondering, if it's possible to get it over 99..?

E: b/c if, I can put "hundreds" digit there.. anyhow, this might be for player 1.
If you could please provide in the same way also cards: Shellshock, Supernova, Heatseeker, Flipside and Vapour trail, I could mount something together for player 2, in a different color scheme/visual..

it's in a size of actual FB card to fit the deckbox..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Not sure on max score. I'll get you those images when I get home from work this evening
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the 5 requested images:

How do you plan to fasten the dials without making them too thick?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for picz! I'm toying with them right now..Shellshock rulez!
..not sure if planned anything :]] but dials should be the tough(est of all layers) to resist well the handling by corners of decagons..I think..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Krämer
msg tools
Hi guys!

Thumbs up on your score card-collaboration!
As a member of the team that designed Forceball I'll try to be of assistance.

Regarding the highest possible score there really is no limit. Theoreticallly you could go on doubling forever - but in reality that verys eldom happens. During all of the desing-process, testing and promotional playing I've never seen a match go furter than 67-3.

Regarding the artwork for your project I'll see if I can be of assistance.

Yours
Christoffer Krämer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so..cca:

..maybe if anyone (Chris?) could provide box art/card back side/, it could be a backside..if that doesn't matter, shall I upload this as A4 pdf?
(E: anyone willing to edit/upgrade this, please ask for psd/pdf file.. and I'm really sorry, but I'm not writing the manual how to print and assemble..ehm)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great Oskar thumbsup

Here's the card back:

If you don't mind, would you send me the files (link via geekmail or I can give you my email address) as I'd like to try out some different layout options for a final file.

Edit: My thoughts toward a final file would be an answer to your edit, so that works out perfectly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent!
GM-ed..
cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.