Subject: Deck Building? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I am on a Journey...
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
...to explore and discover games of all shapes and sizes regardless of colour, condition or creed
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there fellow SW fans...

I have yet to fork out for the Reinforcement Packs but am starting to think about it.

What are the rules for deck building? Is it simply a case of 1 card out for 1 card in of the same type?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Certain cards are mandatory.

Whatever Summoner you pick, you have to have its event cards and the commons needed for its starting setup.

After that, swapping in commons for commons and champions for champions is exactly the right way to think about it. You can't have more than 10 of any one common, you can't have duplicates of any champion, you can only use cards from the faction the summoner is from and mercenaries for those substitutions, and you can only use a maximum of six mercenaries in the deck; though the Mercenary summoner allows you to break that rule.

It's pretty straight forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for deck-building are in each of the three starter set rulebooks which I assume you already own at least one of

But it is VERY easy. If you are already experienced and like deck-building you won't be hugely impressed but find it worthy. If deck-building makes you nervous you'll see it is very newbie-friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the rulebook but the simplest way to put it is this:
Take a normal, ready deck. You can switch out commons for commons and champs for champs. Only 1 of a any particular champ is allowed, and only up to 10 of any one common. Only 6 total mercenaries.

Can't change event cards (they're permanently linked to the summoner).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am on a Journey...
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
...to explore and discover games of all shapes and sizes regardless of colour, condition or creed
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks fellas - I found it late last night after I posted. It's easier than I was expecting it to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil, are you planning to write a Summoner Wars mega-review?? If so I would certainly look forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am on a Journey...
Australia
Lavington
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
Neil, are you planning to write a Summoner Wars mega-review?? If so I would certainly look forward to it.

Affirmative my good man. And Mega is the word. In fact I'm a little concerned it may be too big as it serves as a Summoner Wars system review outlining the various packaging and game formats as well as analyzing each of the Factions.

Hoping to post this Tuesday but won't rush it if it affects the quality so could be Tue after that.

This game needs lots of love and exposure as it is sooooo good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.