Recommend
29 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: How to be Hawkeye rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Yesterday morning, I noticed a checklist on the kitchen table that was written by my 7-year-old son. Apparently, he's interested in becoming Hawkeye:



I cracked up at "not have a smile".

EDIT: For those who can't read 7-year-old, "jump" has a backwards j on it. We're working on that...

Even better, he included pics:


If he were a little older, he might have included things regarding his relationship with Black Widow. But perhaps that falls under the category "be asom".

I'm waiting for his sequel, "How to be Iron Man."
33 
 Thumb up
0.32
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
As a native Hawkeye, I could only assume this referred to:


12 
 Thumb up
0.06
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye was always my favourite Avenger.

Your son has excellent taste.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hawkeye was my favorite M*A*S*H character. He was, of course, named after the character from The Last of the Mochicans. Needless to say I was a bit confused after reading your son's list.

30 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
amwiles wrote:

Hawkeye was my favorite M*A*S*H character. He was, of course, named after the character from The Last of the Mochicans. Needless to say I was a bit confused after reading your son's list.



That would be:

- Go to medical school
- Get drafted
- Get drunk
- Get all the nurses
- Always have a smile
23 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of being "asom", I remember when Genius #3 (now age 9) was in 1st grade. His mother and I went to open house and one of the things that the teacher had on display was a craft that the kids did where they used the letters in their first name to come up with a list of adjectives that describe themselves. Somehow, my son chose the word "articulate" for the A in his name (really, in 1st grade? I think the teacher added that one for him). One of his classmates, named Brandon used the O is his name for "ossum". And now Brandon is an ossum kid.
8 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Bearcat89 wrote:
Speaking of being "asom", I remember when Genius #3 (now age 9) was in 1st grade. His mother and I went to open house and one of the things that the teacher had on display was a craft that the kids did where they used the letters in their first name to come up with a list of adjectives that describe themselves. Somehow, my son chose the word "articulate" for the A in his name (really, in 1st grade? I think the teacher added that one for him). One of his classmates, named Brandon used the O is his name for "ossum". And now Brandon is an ossum kid.


I suspect that he has an "ossum" dad.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhhhhh not...




16 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Put an H on your head.
8 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(The Majestic Tale of) An Idiot With a Box
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'll just put this over here with the rest of the fire.
badge
Have you tried turning it off and on again?
mbmbmbmbmb
He forgot:

Have sex with a Doombot
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mb
Have sex with a really hot Doombot.
8 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye is awesome. Both the Avengers and M.A.S.H.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
BeatPosse wrote:
Have sex with a really hot Doombot.


Like I said, he's only 7. And besides, that would still fall under the category "be asom".

I still want to know what the drawing for "be asom" means. Need to ask him when I get home tonight.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
\m/ Stoner Rock \m/ (Joe)
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BosonMichael wrote:
BeatPosse wrote:
Have sex with a really hot Doombot.


Like I said, he's only 7. And besides, that would still fall under the category "be asom".

I still want to know what the drawing for "be asom" means. Need to ask him when I get home tonight.

I think he's singing into a microphone. I would imagine falsetto 80's hair metal style, myself. Doesn't get much more "asom" than that.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I love how the hair is separate from the rest of him.

9 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
BosonMichael wrote:

If he were a little older, he might have included things regarding his relationship with Black Widow. But perhaps that falls under the category "be asom".


Nah, I'm pretty sure there's nothing good going on there. Otherwise, it wouldn't be "no smile", it would be "can't stop grinning like an absolute idiot".
8 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
dedbob wrote:
I think he's singing into a microphone. I would imagine falsetto 80's hair metal style, myself. Doesn't get much more "asom" than that.


He just told me... "be asom" is him punching some dude out. zombie
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
As a native Hawkeye, I could only assume this referred to:




As a native Iowan, I say BRAVO
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Mohling
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
LennyS wrote:
As a native Hawkeye, I could only assume this referred to:




As a native Iowan, I say BRAVO

As a native Iowan that still lives in Iowa, I say...

Go Panthers!
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke of Lizards
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am a breathing time machine
badge
We're all in this together, and we love to take a bath!
mbmbmbmbmb
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Your son is now one my favourite people.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mir
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
mb
Best post I've read today.
I was quite the Avengers forever kid myself. Of course that's no more the case.
Now I'm an Avengers forever man.
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Green
United States
Ft. Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
WallyNate wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
LennyS wrote:
As a native Hawkeye, I could only assume this referred to:




As a native Iowan, I say BRAVO

As a native Iowan that still lives in Iowa, I say...

Go Panthers!


As a native of Cedar Falls, and a Lab School/UNI alum, I say...


WTF?!
regarding the current state of affairs there...
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh made my day laugh
7 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
"Beakbutt" never seemed to: "catch-on fast nor eventually!"... soblue
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.