$10.00
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
A users guide to smoking pot with Barack Obama

Quote:
Barry also had a knack for interceptions. When a joint was making the rounds, he often elbowed his way in, out of turn, shouted "Intercepted!," and took an extra hit. No one seemed to mind.

"Intercepted!"

Quote:
When you were with Barry and his pals, if you exhaled precious pakalolo (Hawaiian slang for marijuana, meaning "numbing tobacco") instead of absorbing it fully into your lungs, you were assessed a penalty and your turn was skipped the next time the joint came around. "Wasting good bud smoke was not tolerated," explained one member of the Choom Gang, Tom Topolinski, the Chinese-looking kid with a Polish name who answered to Topo.

Penn Jillette has a few NSFW words for the President:

Quote:
What troubles me about this... I think it's beyond hypocrisy. I think it's something to do with class. A lot of people have accused Obama of class warfare, but in the wrong direction. I believe this is Obama chortling with Jimmy Fallon about lower class people. Do we believe, even for a second, that if Obama had been busted for marijuana -- under the laws that he condones -- would his life have been better? If Obama had been caught with the marijuana that he says he uses, and 'maybe a little blow'... if he had been busted under his laws, he would have done hard [expletive] time. And if he had done time in prison, time in federal prison, time for his 'weed' and 'a little blow,' he would not be President of the United States of America. He would not have gone to his fancy-[expletive] college, he would not have sold books that sold millions and millions of copies and made millions and millions of dollars, he would not have a beautiful, smart wife, he would not have a great job. He would have been in [expletive] prison, and it's not a god damn joke. People who smoke marijuana must be set free. It is insane to lock people up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
A Report From Obama’s “Humane” Drug War: “My son screamed for his mother for what seemed like an eternity”

Quote:
At 5:30 a.m. on May 10, armed men broke into the bedroom of Kirk Kyle Farrar’s 12 year-old daughter and shook her awake. The men led her downstairs at gunpoint and forced her to lie on the floor next to her mother and father, with her hands behind her head. Another armed man took Farrar’s two-year-old son from his crib, and would not let his parents hold him. “My son screamed for his mother for what seemed like an eternity,” Farrar wrote in an email to friends, obtained by Reason. “I will never forget the hopeless feeling of not being able to comfort my son or daughter.”

The armed men who broke into Farrar’s home were officers with the Meridian, Idaho, Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration. They were executing a federal warrant for Farrar’s arrest for the crime of selling bongs.

Farrar’s wasn’t the only family traumatized that morning. Agents from the Drug Enforcement Administration, the U.S. Marshals Service, the Idaho National Guard, and four Idaho police departments raided the homes of 13 other headshop owners and employees on May 10. All of the headshops had their inventory seized. One shop lost more than $80,000 worth of merchandise (bongs and pipes marketed as “tobacco water pipes”). Another headshop owner had his and and his employees' vehicles seized.

The investigation into these 13 shops and their employees (two of which are still at large) for selling drug paraphernalia was led by U.S. Attorney Wendy J. Olson, a Barack Obama appointee. Nine of the shops were also accused of selling "spice," a synthetic alternative to the prohibited and significantly safer drug marijuana.

In his email, Farrar denies selling spice. "Piece of Mind Boise has never carried these products EVER! We made a commitment from the start not to carry it because we believe it is dangerous and not being used in a legal fashion."

He also notes that his cousin, "[who] has never previously committed a crime and has absolutely no criminal record," has been charged with "with 4 Federal felony charges stemming from selling tobacco products."

“The open sale of drug paraphernalia promotes unlawful drug use and helps drug traffickers thrive,” Olson said at a press conference on May 10. “These indictments show federal, state and local law enforcement partners will attack drug trafficking on all fronts.”

During a speech at the Center for American Progress earlier this month, Drug Czar Gil Kerlikowske said that the law enforcement-only approach to America's drug problem was not "humane, compassionate" or "realistic." He also said that the Obama administration does not believe it can "arrest its way out of the drug problem."

Reason spoke to one headshop owner. At his attorney’s behest, this owner declined to go on the record, but did say that local police had been aware of the store’s existence and sales of glass pipes for years, but had never threatened charges or discouraged the business from operating. The owner believes that the raids came at the behest of federal law enforcement officials.

Tripp! This happened near you, I think. Were you involved in any way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, that's just rude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I can't imagine any US president would either take drugs or permit these kinds of activities. So just get rid of him and everything will be OK, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Exit...pursued by a bear.
mb
Yet another reason to like Obama. He isn't some uptight asshole.

+1 for Obama.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
myopia wrote:
I can't imagine any US president would either take drugs or permit these kinds of activities. So just get rid of him and everything will be OK, right?

There are a lot of reasons to get rid of him. Everything won't be okay, either. We're headed for insolvency faster than anyone realizes. But he and his administration have shown little interest in actually tackling our financial problems. They just fall back on their "Tax the Rich (except for President's cronies, bundlers, and campaign donors) and everything will be fixed!"

We're ruled by a dumbass pothead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MWChapel wrote:

+1 for Obama.

Sure he is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
myopia wrote:

There are a lot of reasons to get rid of him. Everything won't be okay, either. We're headed for insolvency faster than anyone realizes. But he and his administration have shown little interest in actually tackling our financial problems. They just fall back on their "Tax the Rich (except for President's cronies, bundlers, and campaign donors) and everything will be fixed!"

We're ruled by a dumbass pothead.

You'll be ok. Romney will sweep in and fix everything with more deregulation and lower taxes for the mindbogglingly wealthy. THEN everything will be ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
He sounds like a good time. I would hang with that guy.

And for the record, I think the war on drugs is ridiculous. I hate that it exists, I hate that Obama has perpetuated it, and I hate that it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

I also think it's completely fucking ridiculous to pretend the blame falls on Obama's shoulders, though. Every politician from either party who has failed to stand up to this ridiculous ideology for fear of looking "soft on crime" or alienating their lobbyist donors shares the blame. Every politician who has allowed this to continue while pretending that they never took part in the very same behaviors bears the same weight of hypocrisy. And that's pretty much every fucking one of them who has served in office since I was born. Penn Jillette has the right of it on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well they used to say that President Bush would be a great guy to have a beer with. So maybe Obama would be a great guy to smoke a joint with?

Hey at least he inhaled!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
You are full of poisonous refuse and insane foolishness.
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

+1 for Obama.

Not true. He wasn't an uptight asshole. Now that he's got power, he's escalated the drug war despite his promises to the contrary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I had not supposed or expected your arrogant spirit to seek such a ridiculous and childish reason for lying; you should have better reasons.
mbmbmbmbmb
MaximumPain wrote:
Well they used to say that President Bush would be a great guy to have a beer with. So maybe Obama would be a great guy to smoke a joint with?

Hey at least he inhaled!

If you like fuckers who jump in front of you to intercept the joint, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
MaximumPain wrote:

Hey at least he inhaled!

When we used to do that we'd use the Phil Hartmann line from an old SNL sketch about Bill Clinton: "Boom! Intercepted by warlords!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
bjlillo wrote:

Not true. He wasn't an uptight asshole. Now that he's got power, he's escalated the drug war despite his promises to the contrary.

On the contrary to your on the contrary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
Every politician thinks its a death sentence to support decriminalization.

No, not every politician. You've got an option in this Presidential election with Gary Johnson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
tscook wrote:

Well, every politician who wins elections. Gary Johnson supports decriminalization, but he ain't going to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle"Don't Bogart that joint, my friend..." whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
tscook wrote:

Well, every politician who wins elections. Gary Johnson supports decriminalization, but he ain't going to win.

Is Johnson who you are going to vote for, since you ruled out Obama because of the religion thing?

And you've never known an uptight asshole who smoked pot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
MaximumPain wrote:

Hey at least he inhaled!

Take two and pass it, it will not burn you ... ~ Snoop Dog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I hate that it exists, I hate that Obama has perpetuated it, and I hate that it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

I also think it's completely fucking ridiculous to pretend the blame falls on Obama's shoulders, though. Every politician from either party who has failed to stand up to this ridiculous ideology for fear of looking "soft on crime" or alienating their lobbyist donors shares the blame.

And let's not forget the pendulum has swung the other way, too. Politicians once made alcohol illegal, too, in an effort to appease the hand-wringing rural religious extremists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

+1 for Obama.

Sure he is.

Says the guy who just used "pothead" as a pejorative like a fifth grader fresh out of DARE class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
I hate that it exists, I hate that Obama has perpetuated it, and I hate that it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

I also think it's completely fucking ridiculous to pretend the blame falls on Obama's shoulders, though. Every politician from either party who has failed to stand up to this ridiculous ideology for fear of looking "soft on crime" or alienating their lobbyist donors shares the blame.

And let's not forget the pendulum has swung the other way, too. Politicians once made alcohol illegal, too, in an effort to appease the hand-wringing rural religious extremists.

That doesn't excuse Obama on this. I just take exception to the intimation that he's unique or especially culpable. In this as with many other things my disappointment with Obama is that he didn't find a way to be better than the rest of them, not that he's especially worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Psauberer wrote:

Is Johnson who you are going to vote for, since you ruled out Obama because of the religion thing?

What are you talking about?

Quote:
And you've never known an uptight asshole who smoked pot?

I've only ever met uptight pot smokers who were uptight about their pot. But the rest of their general outlook on life was pretty mellow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wood
United States
Eden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:

"We all know what to do but we don't know how to get reelected once we have done it." - Luxembourg Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
XanderF wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:

That doesn't excuse Obama on this.

Oh, but it does.

My point is that we have a rather ludicrous movement in this country to crush all forms of, lets say, 'fun via mind-altering substances'. It's my opinion that the unfortunate reality is "Not Making Things Worse" is as good as we'll get.

After all - various states have started legalizing 'medical marijuana', something with rather dicey legal implications at the Federal level (well, it's still illegal at the Federal level), and Obama has not stated opposition to that.

Romney, on the other hand, very much would try to stop that:

Quote:
I don't want medicinal marijuana; ...
Don't open the doorway to medicinal marijuana.

or...

Quote:
I believe marijuana should be illegal in our country

...so, yeah, when there is a constant tidal force to repeal rights already granted in an area, a person who at least holds the ground on the current position should be given some credit for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.