Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will M. Baker
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
designer
Just got into a fun situation on Facebook. I went into the dungeon with a Diin Enchanter, Militia, and Border Guard. The Diin Enchanter discarded the Militia in exchange for an Amazon Queen. At the end of battle, when it came time to destroy the Amazon Queen, Border Guard sacrificed himself instead. So I got to keep the Amazon Queen. Free Level 3 hero!

The Diin Enchanter's summoned hero could also be protected by Ambrosia or a Guardian Blade.

Very cool. Other than getting a hero in exchange for a Chaos Scroll, I'm not sure there are any other ways that a hero can end up in my deck except via buying or leveling (whether in the village or via a dungeon/spoils effect), i.e. somehow interacting with the hero's gold cost or XP cost.

This is a fringe case, as it requires a three-card combo + an exposed hero in the village that I actually want in my deck. Still, it's fun to have this alternative way to dip into the hero stock, especially if my opponent has either the gold or XP to grab that same hero.

Something similar (though involving leveling) is described here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8854287

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.