Water Lily» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is it possible to play 5 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Diago
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this game it seems it's possible to play 5 players without any problem. I don't know why the rules say up to 4 players.

Any discussion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
The issue is that with five players, there are no unplayed colors, which means you can't put a color down into one of the scoring chutes without giving another players points. This isn't a deep game by any means, but it loses a lot without having one color that doesn't belong to any players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Check out Far Space Foundry - currently on Kickstarter!
mb
Verkisto wrote:
The issue is that with five players, there are no unplayed colors, which means you can't put a color down into one of the scoring chutes without giving another players points. This isn't a deep game by any means, but it loses a lot without having one color that doesn't belong to any players.

Maybe we haven't played this as strategic as others, but I don't focus too much on giving other players points. I may give them 1 or 2 points, but that has to be done before I get my 3 or 4 points (at least that's what I'm trying to do). With the limited number of pieces, putting someone in the lower spots seems to hurt them more than help because those pieces are stuck with just a few points. Also, I don't find myself worrying too much about which player is which color. It's usually revealed eventually, but I'm focused more on scoring my own frogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
meskue wrote:
Verkisto wrote:

Maybe we haven't played this as strategic as others, but I don't focus too much on giving other players points. I may give them 1 or 2 points, but that has to be done before I get my 3 or 4 points (at least that's what I'm trying to do). With the limited number of pieces, putting someone in the lower spots seems to hurt them more than help because those pieces are stuck with just a few points. Also, I don't find myself worrying too much about which player is which color. It's usually revealed eventually, but I'm focused more on scoring my own frogs.

I completely agree. Those early scores come so soon, it's basically impossible to know who's got what color at that point. So, that one neutral color does me little good when it matters most.

Meskue's got it right... I'm focused on how to get my discs at the higher numbers. I'll gladly give your yellow discs two 1 pointers and one 2 pointer, if it means I can grab a couple of 2's and a 3.

What I'm trying to say is... put me in the camp voting that this can be played just fine with 5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.