Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I played this last week a couple of times, and enjoyed it quite a lot (and hope to play again today), but I do have a few rules questions I was hoping you could answer!

First, when playing with two players, (using 2-ships, one Capitan), I found some rules answers here which suggested that one ship is piloted by a trusted lieutenant, and you choose a ship that contains your captain. How does this work with the juggernaught disadvantage that prevents escape, as presumably you'd escape the effects by giving that ship to your lieutenant?

Second, is a collision considered an attack, and, if so, can the damage done be taken on your components, rather than your ship?

Third, defend-all combat cards discard all attack cards, which I believe means that the attack card that allows you to perform a collision is discarded, but that the collisions that come from orange cards still occur?

Fourth, how do you resolve ties for player order when ships have the same speed?

and finally, can you take port actions before resolving docking cards? I mainly ask as we assumed you resolve cards first, so I managed to knock myself out by running drugs with no cash to cover fines. However, if I could have sold my components, I could easily have covered the cost. Was this correct?

Hope you can help, and thanks for an interesting and thematic game!

Ted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Hello Ted,

savantt wrote:

First, when playing with two players, (using 2-ships, one Capitan), I found some rules answers here which suggested that one ship is piloted by a trusted lieutenant, and you choose a ship that contains your captain. How does this work with the juggernaught disadvantage that prevents escape, as presumably you'd escape the effects by giving that ship to your lieutenant?

You are allowed to do so. If things go bad, you survive, your lieutenant does not.

Quote:
Second, is a collision considered an attack, and, if so, can the damage done be taken on your components, rather than your ship?

Yes, it is an attack. Yes, you can always choose how you'd like to apply the damage UNLESS an attack card says that it's an aimed attack and the attacker can choose.

Quote:
Third, defend-all combat cards discard all attack cards, which I believe means that the attack card that allows you to perform a collision is discarded, but that the collisions that come from orange cards still occur?

Orange cards are solved FIRST, so at the time when you should read defense cards (such as block all), the collision from support card has already happened.

Quote:
Fourth, how do you resolve ties for player order when ships have the same speed?

Toss a coin

Quote:
and finally, can you take port actions before resolving docking cards?

Certainly NOT. You are only docked after Docking cards are resolved and until then there are no port actions.

Quote:
I mainly ask as we assumed you resolve cards first, so I managed to knock myself out by running drugs with no cash to cover fines. However, if I could have sold my components, I could easily have covered the cost. Was this correct?

Yes, it was correct. You could have loaned the money from other player(s) at extortion rate...

[/q]
Hope you can help, and thanks for an interesting and thematic game!
[/q]

You are welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.