Jim Dietz
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Fata Morgana has agreed to allow Jolly Roger Games to create a new, English-language version of Kremlin.

Art will be handled by Clay Gardner (artist for The Manhattan Project).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
jollyrogergames wrote:
Fata Morgana has agreed to allow Jolly Roger Games to create a new, English-language version of Kremlin.

Ooh, very exciting. Tis a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kakaris Maelstrom
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news. The game seemed like it had a good amount of potential, just a little fiddly like many older games were. Nice to see it get a facelift.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jollyrogergames wrote:

Great game! Are you going to re-theme the game or keep it based on the old Soviet Politburo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dietz
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It will still be 'fiddly' because of the need to adjust ages, etc--but the rules will be streamlined and some terms dropped--like the old "SP" will just become "age", etc.

The game will (99% likely) come with three sets of politicians AND rules.

Fictional politicians: This will be playable with the Fata Morgana rules PRIMARILY.

1920s: This will be the vicious purge era--some different politicians and cards.

Modern: This will have people from Andropov or Gromyko up to Putin and Medvedev. It will add something called "Going into Exile"--though in exile, you need to be careful of Plutonium 210.

Ideally--the art will be bright--the artist's conception is great...it will most likely be done a la 1930s/1940s Soviet Propaganda.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadgr
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exciting news. I have and love Avalon Hill's second edition but would certainly be tempted by a new version. Is it too early to share some preliminary art?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, Polonium 210.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter?

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dietz
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It is too early to show art.
The artist wasn't familiar with the game--and is coming up to speed. He did a sample Stalin card for me and:

If you are expecting specific, exatly realistic art--this won't be it. As before--it's absolutely styled 30s art. When the chance comes--absolutely will post art.

Kickstarter: I suspect taht will happen. My debate is whether it os more commercially honest to do preorders, financing via Kickstarter OR simply by taking preorders. The one advantage Kickstarter has is that it meas the game would be released sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim! This sounds amazing. I'll preorder regardless of how you do it...

Edit: also, had a fantastically tense game of Founding Fathers last night. The game was a huge hit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
NIPPON the boardgame - SOON !
badge
#nbs#
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do I sign ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentieiro wrote:
Where do I sign ?

Sign my name also !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Libby
United States
Middletown
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jollyrogergames wrote:
It will still be 'fiddly' because of the need to adjust ages, etc--but the rules will be streamlined and some terms dropped--like the old "SP" will just become "age", etc.

The game will (99% likely) come with three sets of politicians AND rules.

Fictional politicians: This will be playable with the Fata Morgana rules PRIMARILY.

1920s: This will be the vicious purge era--some different politicians and cards.

Modern: This will have people from Andropov or Gromyko up to Putin and Medvedev. It will add something called "Going into Exile"--though in exile, you need to be careful of Plutonium 210.

Ideally--the art will be bright--the artist's conception is great...it will most likely be done a la 1930s/1940s Soviet Propaganda.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup I'm in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mb
jollyrogergames wrote:
jollyrogergames wrote:
The artist wasn't familiar with the game--and is coming up to speed. He did a sample Stalin card for me and:

If you are expecting specific, exatly realistic art--this won't be it. As before--it's absolutely styled 30s art. When the chance comes--absolutely will post art.

Fantastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so totally in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen van der Valk
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jollyrogergames wrote:

Awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Brown
United States
Gorham
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news! I am eager to see the artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet. It will be cool to see how it compares to Tom Vasel's new game, which I believe is inspired by parts of Kremlin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Слава Zordok
Russia
Санкт-Петербург
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news! Ура "Кремлину".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Sweet. It will be cool to see how it compares to Tom Vasel's new game, which I believe is inspired by parts of Kremlin.
Chris, I assume you're referring to Nothing Personal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
Check out www.saskgames.com for gaming clubs, stores, and events in Saskatchewan.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic news. This will be an auto-buy for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Moore
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KICKSTARTER!!!

jollyrogergames wrote:

Kickstarter: I suspect taht will happen. My debate is whether it os more commercially honest to do preorders, financing via Kickstarter OR simply by taking preorders. The one advantage Kickstarter has is that it meas the game would be released sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ANDREAS MILIOPOULOS
Greece
KOROPI
ATTICA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Avalon Hill edition; the game was superb and had great laughs every time it hit the table during the 90's. It is time to take it back out again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom dietl
Germany
regensburg
bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the Fata Morgana version...is the new one planned with a board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dietz
United States
Sigel
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
elevation wrote:
I own the Fata Morgana version...is the new one planned with a board?

The new one will have a board. Most of it will be laid out the same--but there needs to be a place on the board for something called "EXILE" to go along with Siberia.

With the fictional characters, some of the names are going to change. The intention of the characters were for the names to be puns--so some will become puns in English or be funny Russian names.

Sadly, that means the beloved Nesstor Aparatchik will not be in the game...he is replaced by his brother, Victor Aparatchik. (The name Nesstor needed to be used elsewhere...something about a guy with a bandaid...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.