Subject: Rhinegold & The Valkyrie images by Arthur Rackham rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
Toecutter: Take your hat off. Station Master: Anything you say. Toecutter: Anything I say. What a wonderful philosophy you have. Take him away.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Door Tree, the host of the blog, Golden Age Comic Book Stories, has posted images of Arthur Rackham's illustrations for The Ring of the Niblung by Richard Wagner.
I thought Yggdasil fans would enjoy seeing these images from The Rhinegold, Valkyrie and Twilight of the Gods, works based somewhat on the Norse sagas.
I've seen only a handful of these illustrations, so it's a real treat for art and illustration fans like me to see them all in large scans.
The influence on modern artists like Barry Windsor-Smith is readily apparent.
Enjoy!
The Ring of the Nebuling by Richard Wagner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I have to hunt used bookstores for that book. I love art nouveaux.

Thanks for the link.

Edit: found—only slightly over 2000 SEK. whistle
http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.detail?invid=10357086789&k...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Mr. Door Tree, the host of the blog, Golden Age Comic Book Stories, has posted images of Arthur Rackham's illustrations for The Ring of the Niblung by Richard Wagner.
I thought Yggdasil fans would enjoy seeing these images from The Rhinegold, Valkyrie and Twilight of the Gods, works based somewhat on the Norse sagas.
I've seen only a handful of these illustrations, so it's a real treat for art and illustration fans like me to see them all in large scans.
The influence on modern artists like Barry Windsor-Smith is readily apparent.
Enjoy!
The Ring of the Nebuling by Richard Wagner

I thought a little emphasis might be required!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Already have one of these on the cover of this score.

http://www.amazon.com/Rheingold-Score-Dover-Vocal-Scores/dp/...

He's done a lot of classic fairy tale and children's books. If you look at the Everyman Children's Library line, there are a lot of books illustrated by him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.