Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michelle Sim
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

I have the Elves vs Undead & Centaurs vs Globins starters decks and two boxes of booster packs from some event a few years back.

A guy wants to buy the booster pack of two chips at S$0.40/pack from me recently. He increased his offer to S$1 per booster pack but I thought maybe I should open them up snd try to explore this new dexterity game instead(I read that this game is dead in this forum but it's new & interesting to me as I never played it before). So after opening up all the 72 booster packs from their shrink wrap, I saw that for some chips, I have two of the same chips and 6 yellow Dragon chips.

How do I get started to play Clout Fantasy with my hubby and friends?

Does each player only play with 15 chips? Can the 15 chips be a mixture from Starter decks and booster packs? How to differentiate the starter and booster chips from one another?

Can the chips from the start decks be mixed with the chips from the booster packs and stored together in one color/faction per box?

Are the extra chips necessary or useful? Do we need two of the same chips in our army? Just wondering as it would be nice if I can trade them for some other chips with other people.

I read on the BGG forum that each booster pack only come with 3 yellow Dragon chips. Must we have 15 Dragon chips in order to play the dragon as a faction? How to get other yellow Dragon chips?

The Pirate and Merfolk decks seem interesting but it is not available anywhere. Any idea where to get it once we are more familiar with the game play?

Thanks for your kind advice.

Cheers and Happy Gaming,
Michelle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Jurgens
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michelle,
It's been awhile since since I dealt with alot lot of this, but from what I can remember:

The starters are just that, a starting point. The starter stacks were fairly weak. Upgrading is a definite need. As you get more chip add the to your stack as you like. Just remember to stay at the limits (15 chips/ I don't remember clout point limit.

Dragons were chase rares packed approximately 3 per booster box. You do need 15 chips of the same faction, so yes, you'd need 5 boxes worth of Dragons to play a stack. You are allowed 2 unaligned white chips per stack, still staying at the 15 chip requirement, so you'd need 13 Dragons minimum.

As to where to get them now. I have no clue. Ebay would be your best bet, but the singles price seem a little high for a game that has been dead for years. You might try local gaming conventions, sometimes the vendors there have OOP/second hand games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn H
Sweden
flag msg tools
You need 15 chips per stack at 25pts total, or lower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I''d just add that the Starters are a good place to start - they may be less than optimal, but they give you a general feel of the game, and let you see what each faction specializes in doing. Forget the Dragons - horribly done chase rares that was absurd. After you get a feel of the game, you can substitute booster chips into the stack as per the 15 chip/25 points rule. Have fun experimenting, but I'd argue you don't have to go much past the Starters. Theses used to be plentiful to find on ebay, but the supply has somewhat dried up recently. Lastly, do not throw these onto a hard surface - they bounce all over and it kills the game - find a felt surface or something close that's table-high. Hope you enjoy the game. It died a horrod death due to distribution method and pricing, but at its core, methinks it can be a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Leacock
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have some extra starters and extras of the commons and some uncommons. I can put them on the BGG market if anyone is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey pal,
If your still into this game i collected and bought many many booster boxes {36 boosters per box} and although not a omplete set have plenty to play with now.
It is a great game combining dexterity and and tactics.
the chips feel great in your hand and the game scales to playing on the floor or table to with the nifty dual measure tape in the starter box.
let me know of you want any details on gameplay. happy to help.
Highly portable too.
me and my wife had great fun on holiday once in the countryside,local pub chucking down with rain, casting clouts
started at 6pm finished at closing time pretty much everyone in the pub including the landlord had played.
I also have a starter and booster box currently on ebay starting at 15 plus p+p in case you dont have enough tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Crowe
msg tools
Amazon.com is a decent place to find Clout, though it is limited selection. Other than that, you may get lucky at a yard sale or local classifieds. Don't go to trollandtoad.com, they essentially stole my money. For websites, you'll just have to search. I've also been thinking of making my own proxies from poker chips and information from here. If anyone has a good dealer, let me know. Witty saying as signature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.