$10.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Principato» Forums » Rules

Subject: limitations and secrecy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have three of the typical nerd-questions:

1. Once you got them, is the number of military strength certificates open knowledge or can I keep my certificates secret?

2. I assume, the number and denomination of military strength certificates is not a limit?

3. Is the number of cubes a strict limit?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
...
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, but I can only say something on one of your questions
Hermjard wrote:

2. I assume, the number and denomination of military strength certificates is not a limit?

This shouldn't be an issue, since at most there's 5 * (7 + 4 + 2) = 65 Military points awarded in the game in total (4 player game, 5 military scorings).
Actually, that calculation doesn't hold true! I there's a three way tie, all of the tied players receive an equal share of the combined points (rounded up). Therefore: 5 * ( 3 * ceiling( ( 7 + 4 + 2) / 3 ) ) = 75.
So, if there's enough Military Victory Point Bills in the game to afford that (and if you decide to keep Military points secret, in sensible denominations), they shouldn't be a limit

I hope I helped at least a bit
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to user msaari:
msaari wrote:
the components limit what you can build

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8748805#8748805

I don't find confirmation in the rules. But he's Finnish so maybe he has insider knowledge.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course I have read this thread, but it refers only to the tiles, NOT to the cubes. Admitted, he speaks of "components" not about "tiles", but he speaks about "building" not "producing". Since cubes are not built, but produced, I am not entirely sure if you can transfer his statement onto cubes (even if it should be true for tiles).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Northburns wrote:

Actually, that calculation doesn't hold true! I there's a three way tie, all of the tied players receive an equal share of the combined points (rounded up).


Btw, this leads to the additional question, if you can get military strength bills with zero or negative military strength... I assume yes, because in the rules is explicitely stated that your military strength can be negative. So for example, if I have no military tokens at all, I am better compared to a player, who has one unsupplied militia(?).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
...
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Northburns wrote:

Actually, that calculation doesn't hold true! I there's a three way tie, all of the tied players receive an equal share of the combined points (rounded up).


Btw, this leads to the additional question, if you can get military strength bills with zero or negative military strength... I assume yes, because in the rules is explicitely stated that your military strength can be negative. So for example, if I have no military tokens at all, I am better compared to a player, who has one unsupplied militia(?).


English Rulebook, page 5 wrote:
Compare the total values of your military strength and allot victory points (in form of the military victory point bills) according to the number of players, using the following table:

Your Military dudes make up your Military Strength. When you've compared your Strength with others, players are paid out in Military Bills according to the table on page 5. The example on the next page is pretty good.

And yeah, if you have no army dudes, and your opponent has one unsupplied, it means you're better than him. His army dude is revolting, and your principality is peaceful and well organized

EDIT: I re-read your text, and I misunderstood your understanding of the military scoring the first time I read. Sorry about that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
Btw, this leads to the additional question, if you can get military strength bills with zero or negative military strength... I assume yes, because in the rules is explicitely stated that your military strength can be negative. So for example, if I have no military tokens at all, I am better compared to a player, who has one unsupplied militia(?).

We assumed so - nothing said otherwise.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.