Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
25 Posts

Shogun» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint due? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geordie Kermit
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Hi there,

Im desperate to buy a copy of this! Anyone know when it may be available again? There were rumours of Jun2012. And it's June now


:-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mb
Not sure it will be republished so soon since Wallenstein has had a reprint recently... maybe you should check that one out? Some people prefer Wallenstein over Shogun....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter campaign for Queen's new game, Urbanization, has a reward level where you can get both a copy of Urbanization and a copy of Shogun. So my guess is that they're doing a reprint.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Mastroianni
Italy
Lauria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
God job, Jason: this is a very good news.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah for a second there I thought you were looking for this Shogun which was recently remade.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/221/ikusa
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Cabezon
Switzerland
Basel
Basel-Stadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
The Kickstarter campaign for Queen's new game, Urbanization, has a reward level where you can get both a copy of Urbanization and a copy of Shogun. So my guess is that they're doing a reprint.


More info about this:

In the Urbanization Kickstarter project there are several pledge levels that include Shogun and Shogun's expansion as bonus. The lower one is 119$ and you will recieve Urbanization, Shogun, Shogun's Expansion, Aton + 6 bonus cards for Urbanization. Delivery included in US and Germany. Worth checking it!

Other pledge levels include Kairo and Lancaster. For 179$ you have the hat-trick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geordie Kermit
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks guys. I just don't understand how it is so hard to give people fixed timescales for things like this. It seems so common for me to hear from people saying they would love a game that is out of print.. Companies must be losing a fortune!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
GeordieKermit wrote:
Thanks guys. I just don't understand how it is so hard to give people fixed timescales for things like this. It seems so common for me to hear from people saying they would love a game that is out of print.. Companies must be losing a fortune!


Queen puts out great games with superior components but is notorious for not providing updates or even basic information about their releases.

Even their kickstarter campaign for urbanization didn't have a rulebook ready until after all of the early bird levels were sold out. The samarkand expansion is in a black hole and many of their other games I couldn't find any info on in the past, even though they were released.

I've already pre-ordered Fresco the card game and that still doesn't have a bgg entry.

Basically it looks like shogun will be released soon so I wouldn't sweat it. I'm waiting to purchase the reprint as well. I doubt Queen is losing much money, if any, with their lack of info. It just pisses off ocd types like me .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
GeordieKermit wrote:
Thanks guys. I just don't understand how it is so hard to give people fixed timescales for things like this. It seems so common for me to hear from people saying they would love a game that is out of print.. Companies must be losing a fortune!


Queen puts out great games with superior components but is notorious for not providing updates or even basic information about their releases.

Even their kickstarter campaign for urbanization didn't have a rulebook ready until after all of the early bird levels were sold out. The samarkand expansion is in a black hole and many of their other games I couldn't find any info on in the past, even though they were released.

I've already pre-ordered Fresco the card game and that still doesn't have a bgg entry.

Basically it looks like shogun will be released soon so I wouldn't sweat it. I'm waiting to purchase the reprint as well. I doubt Queen is losing much money, if any, with their lack of info. It just pisses off ocd types like me .


My FLGS says you can preorder Shogun with an expected date sometime in July. But you know how expected dates go.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
My FLGS says you can preorder Shogun with an expected date sometime in July. But you know how expected dates go.


My guess is august since they sold it with urbanization. Both games will likely print at the same time. Queen seems to be in a printing frenzy recently. They're too busy printing games to let anyone know they're coming out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilian Buijs
Netherlands
Breda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received an e-mail from a webshop in The Netherlands saying it is in stock again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
I've seen copies in stores here in Toronto. No idea if anything has changed with this reprint. At least it doesn't seem like expansion is included or anything. I'll be sure to grab a copy in the future, but if anyone has picked it up, any changes from the previous release?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Mastroianni
Italy
Lauria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In Italy reprint is available: i have been ordered my copy today!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the reprint arrived in the US? Coolstuff seems to have no record for the game at all, which is confusing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
Has the reprint arrived in the US? Coolstuff seems to have no record for the game at all, which is confusing.
Give it a couple more weeks, it'll magically show up at olgs' everywhere.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
quietcorn wrote:
Has the reprint arrived in the US? Coolstuff seems to have no record for the game at all, which is confusing.

ACD Distribution, Queen's exclusive distributor in the U.S., received Shogun on August 14, 2012, so expect it in stores soon.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
quietcorn wrote:
Has the reprint arrived in the US? Coolstuff seems to have no record for the game at all, which is confusing.

ACD Distribution, Queen's exclusive distributor in the U.S., received Shogun on August 14, 2012, so expect it in stores soon.


Yep, it hit my FLGS today. Does anyone know if the expansion (Tenno's Court) is included? Don't look like it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanwinter wrote:
Yep, it hit my FLGS today. Does anyone know if the expansion (Tenno's Court) is included? Don't look like it.


Doubt it. The expansion was still separate in the Kickstarter campaign for Urbanization.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
bryanwinter wrote:
Yep, it hit my FLGS today. Does anyone know if the expansion (Tenno's Court) is included? Don't look like it.


Doubt it. The expansion was still separate in the Kickstarter campaign for Urbanization.


Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm anxious for the OLGS to post it. I need something awesome like this to top off the shipping on Trajan.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gnomish Mustard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Still nothing at CoolStuff about this.

Hmmm....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
La vie est un jeu
badge
Panem et Circenses
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnomish Mustard wrote:
Still nothing at CoolStuff about this.

Hmmm....


Boards and Bits and Funagain both have small quantities.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gnomish Mustard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gnomish Mustard wrote:
Still nothing at CoolStuff about this.

Hmmm....


[star trek voice]

Customer log, day 428.,... I contacted my favorite seller, CSI, about the reprint. After being told that it would arrive this week, I was then told it would be Monday at the latest.

However, there is no entry in the site for Shogun, at all. Therefore I can not add it to my wishlist and receive an e-mail when it arrives. This requires me to daily check for Shogun at their site.

Only time will tell if I can persevere through this madness.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
Did anyone pick up the reprint yet? I want to grab a copy, but wanted to know if anything has been changed since the last version?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James River
United States
High Desert
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently picked-up a copy, in DEC 2012. I was going to wait for the "new edition" which I kept hearing about, but I think it is just a re-print and not a new edition. What I got seems to be just a re-print, and I am happy with it. It does not have the expansion included (like I heard the new edition was going to have) and looks like the pictures I have seen here on BBG. Hope that helps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.