The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC!!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Abigail the cat. B:? D:12/24/13 You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears the new minis will all be in the generic white gray. What's your opinion on the subject?
Poll: Generic vs. National Colors
What is your color preference?
I'd prefer-
Generic white gray
All minis in National Colors
Some in National Colors, some Generic
      181 answers
Poll created by Springheeledjack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I was totally stoked when I first heard about this expansion, but after seeing the photo, I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting all the new nations to be colour coded, but seeing them all in white, I'm a bit depressed. Why would DoW choose to do it this way instead of giving them their proper colours?

I'd love to see the French Resistance in light blue, for example, just to add more character to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The machine gun, mortar, sniper and landing craft (to name a few) I could see being in a neutral color, but the French Infantry, Italian Artillery, Polish Cav, and Finnish Ski should at very least have their own color. I wouldn't mind seeing the Elephants in the German color though either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atticus Gifford
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't personally mind the white color, but I suspect a more accurate question would be: Would you rather have more pieces but all in white or fewer pieces in several different colors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really care either way. Gray's fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harley Southwell
Australia
Coombabah
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good poll. I hate painting things! I always ruin them.cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan N. "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesnt bother me. Gray for the snipers etc is good since those will be switched. As far as French, Polish, etc, they wont be on the board facing each other I dont believe so it isnt hard to imagine the Finnish troops being white while the Russians are their color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not impressed. Happy to see common items in light grey (like the anti tank weapons in Mediterranean) but the national items (infantry and tanks) should be in national colours.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atticus wrote:
I don't personally mind the white color, but I suspect a more accurate question would be: Would you rather have more pieces but all in white or fewer pieces in several different colors?

Why would national colors equate to fewer pieces? There really isn't that much cost involved in coloring plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi54
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want Dow to make the same as in base game. Do I ask for too much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
Why would national colors equate to fewer pieces? There really isn't that much cost involved in coloring plastic.

Becuase then you are making separate sprues and separate molds etc, whereas with only one colour you make one large sprue and get economies of scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AngryStarAnarchy wrote:
Springheeledjack wrote:

Becuase then you are making separate sprues and separate molds etc, whereas with only one colour you make one large sprue and get economies of scale.

I seriously doubt they made one giant mold to produce the entire contents of the box on one sprue. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair Fraser
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pay double to have them colored properly. Please take my money. I beg you, take my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
Doesnt bother me. Gray for the snipers etc is good since those will be switched. As far as French, Polish, etc, they wont be on the board facing each other I dont believe so it isnt hard to imagine the Finnish troops being white while the Russians are their color.

In the scenario "Red Barricades Factory", the russians have 2 snipers and the germans have 1 sniper. It's a long game (10 medals), and I tend to move my snipers alot. I can totally see this become a problem in that scenario when I use the grey sniper for both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really..? your short term memory is that bad ???

Then I wouldn't worry.

By the time this game comes out ....
you'll of forgotten about it.

You guys are Reeeeeally digging deep to find faults with it ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KRAMPUS
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kskato wrote:

Then I wouldn't worry.

"Digging deep to find fault"? With over 85% of those polled voting for color on at least the national units, you are in the minority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I know for myself at least, that I will be taking out my spray primer and adding some colour to many of the new units. It's a shame that Days if Wonder wouldn't do it for us though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The minority that will use the " 48 French " to represent anny-body i want to !

{and be happy about it ,, not blue }

[ you don't even want to know who those
'Big-Footed Finns' could represent on my board ]laugh

------
As far as the ' Vote ' goes ... we'll see if these collect dust on the store shelves or not.

-------
One guy wants lite blue ..."No a French blue" .. "No I want them a different shade of (ally) green "
"But I want some blue, others not blue"

MAybe the Blue party needs a convention to vote how Blue they want to be ? soblue

.... DOW just can't win for releasing this.. according to some ... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kskato wrote:

Sorry Mr. 15%, but most of us want nationally specific minis in national colors. Is it too much to expect that?

Generic units in gray, fine, but all the minis in gray seems cheap and lazy on the part of DoW.

Sure, we will buy it, but it's gonna suck to see that cheap gray all over the board.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kskato wrote:

DOW could have won more by releasing coloured army packs: I would have bought the French, the Italians, and this Equipment Pack. And I am not the only one, just take a look at all the pictures with metal 1/160 vehicles and 1/72 soldiers to see there is a potential market there.

There are enough scenarios already made to be enhanced with French and Italians troops.

If not what was the point of buying Soviet, or Japanese, or British? I can play all those scenarios with just the base game and some home made markers.

Part of the hook of Memoir´44 is "playing with accurate toy soldiers".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not have said it better myself Victor!! I am just getting in Memoir 44, but I already have or have ordered the three army packs specifically for that reason. It seems strange to me that the French, Italian and the rest will just be whitish-grey what with all the other colours out there. Heck, I even primed my sandbags, barbed wire tank traps and the special weapons in the Mediterranean pack in black since I wanted to have them more neutral. I will probably so much the same with a lot of this new stuff too.

As for Howard's comments about which colour of blue everyone wants - I don't think anyone cares too much if its "Sky Blue", "Velvet Blue" or "Ocean Blue", so long as they are just friggin' BLUE!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi54
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
totally agree with you Victor!
as a good customer of Dow, I'm really disappointed with this new pack with generic color... it sounds to me a very cheap and self-defeating move...
It was already strange to have the Tigers tanks, Jeeps, halftrack generic. but now they are exaggerating... if they continue with generic color, my interest will rapidly collapse and stop buying!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VAXT wrote:
kskato wrote:

Then I wouldn't worry.

"Digging deep to find fault"? With over 85% of those polled voting for color on at least the national units, you are in the minority.

50.7 says 'Some in National Colors, some Generic'
'National color' is a minority too !

Oh, the Finns aren't a National Unit 'so they deserve to be off -white heh? Not good enough to have a color ? cry

This color of 'toy solders' is sounding sillier ans sillier.
Color, wrong helmet, gun don't look right ...
Yeah, it ' digging deep to find a problem to me '.. snore

I can use off-white 'French' figures for a Lot of game applications ..
the Majority just can't, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
kskato wrote:

Sorry Mr. 15%, but most of us want nationally specific minis in national colors. Is it too much to expect that?

Generic units in gray, fine, but all the minis in gray seems cheap and lazy on the part of DoW.

Sure, we will buy it, but it's gonna suck to see that cheap gray all over the board.shake

Mr. 15% here ...
What U want and what U get are 2 different things , just ask us minority opinion'ites
Too much to expect-
It Maybe !

What if I'm ahead of the curve {{ OHhh NOOOO }}
What with my minority attitude " aeh ,they'll work for all sorts of armies for me, I'll have fun with the E-Pack ".
And this is the set for French-Italians-Chinese-Liechtenstein or even Nicobars Island troops ! cry

!!! Only thing missing is scenarios & various National trait cards !!!

You guys are so color sensitive, could you play the Italians- the Chinese- in blue ?

" Better make'um Generic if they gotta work for all Nationalities "

No,,hahha,, Maybe Eric will make a 'Generic' statement @ DOW site close to release.
That DOW would allow a slight to French when the French market is so big to DOW.
There's got to be something to it we don't know.
[ or DOW did another BattleLore ] gulp 11

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi54
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Howard, I'm COLOR SENSITIVE!!!
but it's not my fault: Dow started all with the base game with colored soldiers, excited me with Med, Eastern, Pacific Theather expansions.
They delivered "a nice cake" and now a "cake without cherry"... the baby in me is ... crying... uhèèèèèèèèè uhèèèèèèèèèè
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.