Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a two players game and I was a little dissapointed, not at the game itself but at the lack of choices. You ll see, every round the choice where to put the shiny object was obvious for each player with an advantage going to the first player. We have to try the variant rules because its too light this way.

The effect cards are the ones that defined our game in the end because we were very close and I got two +3 in my hand. In the end we understood that, in a 2 players game, one player acts and the other merely reacts.

Has this happen to anybody else ? I am not saying it is a bad game, just... well... light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Flageol
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
Yes,

This game lacks the choice option of Carcassone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the 2 player you need to think ahead a bit and use the turn when you go second to set up a good next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game with the wife - probably as deep a strategy game as we needed. That said, for a heavier pair of gamers, I wonder if you might opt for a "4-player simulation" like game, where you setup and play a four player game (e.g. two players each) except you score both your players together.

This means each turn will be a bit more "meatier" for scoring and options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Sigman
United States
Bellingham
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
That's a neat idea. I'd be curious to know if anyone's tried it (and enjoyed it).

--T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.