$10.00
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm skipping V34, because I published my first Cylon Civil War ruleset in V7, I updated it in V14 (which started simultaneously with V12), and I published 2.0 in V21. That game is still not done, but V29 has already shown the biggest bug in CCW2.0, which this new version aims to fix. So I HAVE to break the curse of the V(n*7), which I can only do if this game will be awesome.

So without further ado, CCW3.0
Welcome to BSG PBF Variation 35 - Rebel With a Vengeance

This will be a 5-player using everything from Base, Pegasus, Exodus (except CL and PG) and Revelations expansion (including the new Cylon Civil War module) going to Ionian Nebula.

d10-1 Turoscsusza
d10-2 Sandlewood99
d10-3 Vorpalgens
d10-4 markino
d10-5 Dexter345

Basic rules

d10-1The game will be 5 players 3v2, loyalty deck will be built by Exodus rules, with 2 YAAC, 9 FF/YANAC (No personal goals). If at the end of the game the final card in the loyalty deck is a Cylon, the fleet will lose 1 of every resource.

d10-2 Pegasus damage-sponge effect rule:
Quote:
The destruction of Pegasus will carry a penalty of -1 population

d10-3 Any treachery discarded by human players from their hands will be shuffled into the Destiny deck.

d10-4 Execution loyalties rule:
Quote:

For executions before sleeper 1 F5 OR YANAC will be shuffled in, and a new loyalty will be dealt to humans. First execution after sleeper will be dealt the last loyalty. Humans executed after that will not receive a new loyalty, but will not be able to use their new character's OPG.

d10-5 The "posted and bolded happened" rule will be reinforced much more harshly. There will be no take-backs, rollbacks, stepbacks... We will however try to simulate the flow of a F2F game, so simultaneous resolving of things can happen.

d10-6 Public COs are strictly forbidden, and so are “CO sent” announcements.
All COs are strictly confidential in geekmail between you and me. Bolding actions when it's not your go is also forbidden (since they're public COs by another name). In the real game, you are never publicly bound to actions as you are with COs, so they should stay private. This is to protect an unrevealed Cylon’s right to lie, and to decrease the certainty of future events (and hence maintain paranoia).

d10-7 Do not quote or link to other posts that happened a page or more ago, but use your own words to describe what you think happened. Funny posts with lots of in-character images are greatly encouraged.

d10-8 For interrupt COs, I will wait till everybody who hasn't sent in a CO has played or passed, before adding in your COs. This gives you time to check in and revise your CO if needed, and allows me to pass late checkers who did not send in a CO but don't have the card, without giving away the information that they don't have the card. When I say "rest passes" or "passes by CO" I in no way confirm that anyone has or doesn't have an active CO for that situation. I may pass (and pretend you had a CO) if your intent is obvious, or wait for you even if you had a CO because the situation warrants it.

d10-9 Secrecy Rule Change:
Quote:
When discussing your contribution to a skill check (before you actually you put it in), you can only say a lot / medium / a little. And medium can only be used if you're playing in more than 1 card. Nothing more. Not # of cards. The # of cards is only published when you actually play the cards in.
Skill cards with specific effects (Red Tape, Iron Will, Higher Power, etc) can be alluded to before playing skill cards. They cannot be named or be confirmed to be in the check.
Failure to adhere to secrecy rules will result in harsh penalties.

d10-0 Be nice to each other.

Every accepting player must agree to check in at least twice daily (unless giving notification ahead of time)
The fine print. Read if this is your first BSG PBF game. Skim if it isn’t.
Post typography
* Normal text for discussions, etc
* Italics for flavour text/fluff - love reading it, keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

Images
Avatars change, images don't. Images can be found here. Please use an image or banner for all of your posts (especially in-character).

Players
- Rules & Regulations for the PBF games apply.
- To make things easier on myself, I will refer to all players by your character name and noun.
- For game speed, CO’s are a great way to keep things moving along.
- I will not wait for you to use your OncePerGame unless you say so, and if you’re going to interrupt in favor of the Cylons then please leave a CO beforehand, since I’m not going to check specifically for this every time there’s an attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V35 - Thirtyfour is the new thirteen, also known as Cylon Civil War 3 - Rebel with a Vengenance
Read the rules at http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/816644/revelations-unofficia...

Available Characters
- Note that Tory, Ellen, Kat and Anders are changed slightly, Cain changed heavily
- New characters: Lampkin (slightly changed from Opera House), Shaw (from Opera House), Racetrack (from Opera House), Hoshi (from Opera House), Laird, Seelix, Elosha, Hot Dog, Kelly (by schmloof)

Changes not yet reflected on these cards, but are in effect:
- Tigh's Cylon Hatred can be used on Airlock and Resistance HQ checks too
- Adama's Emotionally attached stands for Airlock and Resistance HQ, so he cannot activate them either.
- Apollo cannot launch from Sickbay.
- Kat can take out 2 civilian ships, and can use her OPT once ANY turn (still only Action step).
- Racetrack can only reroll raptors risked by HER, but on any turn
- Seelix can repair 3 vipers once per turn, any turn

Note: Starbuck's Insubordinate does NOT stand for Airlock and Resistance HQ, thus it is not easier to execute her.

There are no character class limitations, you may play with 5 pilots for all I care.

Extra stuff:

Crossroads cards
Disturbing Vision
B: Discard 1 Trauma and 3 random skill cards. Cylon: Discard 2 more skill cards (not random).
A: Each Cylon draws 1 Trauma and the Human player with the most trauma token (excluding you, your choice if tied) is executed.

Testimony
B: The human player with the most trauma token (excluding you, your choice if tied) may discard up to 2 Trauma tokens
R: Select a human player with at least one trauma. That player must either draw 1 Trauma token or move to the Brig.

Perjury
B: Select a Human Player. That player may discard any number of cards to draw the same amount of Faith. Human: Treachery discarded this way doesn't shuffle into Destiny.
R: Draw 2 skill cards (may come outside from your skill set), and target a player to draw 2 Trauma tokens. Human: The target must also be human.

The Opera House
B: +1 population, every player may draw 2 Faith skill cards
R: Target any player (human or cylon). That player must draw 2 Trauma tokens. Human: Discard 1 random skill card

Strange Music
B: Any player may immediately reveal (and discard without effect) a Final Five loyalty card. Each player to do so may draw 3 Faith skill cards
R: The human player with the most Loyalty cards (your choice if tied) draws 1 Trauma token and discards 1 skill card

Scanned
B: Move all raiders in space areas to the Cylon Fleet Board. Human: Lose 1 morale.
R: Draw and destroy 1 civilian ship. Cylon: Increase Jump Preparation Track by 1.

Miraculous Return
B: Choose another human player who used his OPG. He must exchange his character with another (an executed character if able). His OPG is available again.
R: -1 Morale. Cylon: Draw 2 trauma tokens.

Cylon Cooperation
B: You and the Intermediary may discard 1-1 Trauma Token. (You may discard 2 if you are the Intermediary.) Cylon: Draw 2 Faith cards
R: Damage Galactica. Target a Cylon player to draw 1 Trauma Token. (You may target yourself.)

Other stuff
- We are using selwyth's Trauma rules:
1 Sickbay trauma is given when player is sent to Sickbay (no new trauma is given on turn's start)
2 Brig trauma is given when a player finishes his action phase in the Brig
3 Meditation Chamber also gives Trauma, like Sickbay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BSG V35 - Thirtyfour is the new thirteen, also known as Cylon Civil War 3 - Rebel with a Vengenance
Poll
Should we go to
Kobol
Ionian Nebula
      5 answers
Poll created by TDaver

If we go to Ionian Nebula there will be new allies on Pegasus and the Rebel Basestar, plus modified Crossroads cards, plus selwyth's Trauma rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In. Did you fix D'Anna btw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hello everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded Revelations basic rules, will upload Cylon Civil War (version 3) later.

Meanwhile, don't forget to subscribe and vote!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, although I partly wish we had gone with the "crazy" Seelix card-flipping idea.

EDIT: that is, of course, if you're taking in interested players and you hadn't just sent out invites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I'm in, although I partly wish we had gone with the "crazy" Seelix card-flipping idea.

EDIT: that is, of course, if you're taking in interested players and you hadn't just sent out invites.

No, it's open! And thanks for reminding me that Seelix should be changed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
Winner of Cards against humanity's first ever Tabletop deathmatch!!
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
David!!!

Never do that to me again!!

I thought i had missed V34 here...

Checking in

I have some catching up to do on other stuff so i'll comeback shortly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpalgens wrote:
David!!!

Never do that to me again!!

I thought i had missed V34 here...

It has all been worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I've still never played with the Ionian Nebula, so my vote went there. I wouldn't mind Kobol either, but I'd like to get experience playing with IN before I introduce it to my F2F group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we using any tweaked Crossroads cards? Also, if I am honest, of all the new characters, I really only like the two new Pilots. But I'm really strict with how characters should play, which is why my variants feature the most tweaks to character abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about Romo Lampkin: by his drawback, does he draw the Treachery card at the end of his Movement Step, or at the end of his turn? The way it's worded, it sounds like the end of his turn, and I agree that's how it should be (or else it's not much of a drawback), but I just want to be clear, since I've got my eye on him as my choice for this upcoming game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Question about Romo Lampkin: by his drawback, does he draw the Treachery card at the end of his Movement Step, or at the end of his turn? The way it's worded, it sounds like the end of his turn, and I agree that's how it should be (or else it's not much of a drawback), but I just want to be clear, since I've got my eye on him as my choice for this upcoming game.

End of turn.

Also, my main issue with Romo is that his OPG will see play extremely infrequently, and isn't even all that useful (except pre-Sleeper).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
Are we using any tweaked Crossroads cards? Also, if I am honest, of all the new characters, I really only like the two new Pilots. But I'm really strict with how characters should play, which is why my variants feature the most tweaks to character abilities.

We'll be using Crossroads cards similiar to V21/V32 if IN is voted.

Feel free to send me any constructive criticism toward the new characters. (not this thread though...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything except the Cylon Powers are uploaded to the second post. Please read the CCW rules carefully, they should be fairly simple (compared to let's say the Colony)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihály Vincze
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I'd like to say, that I'm quite unexperienced in this game, and I am open to suggestions in choosing my character. I have no preference in how I wish to play this game, so any character type is good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Gardner
Canada
Oshawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! I vote for IN haven't played that PBF yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
Everything except the Cylon Powers are uploaded to the second post. Please read the CCW rules carefully, they should be fairly simple (compared to let's say the Colony)

I read 'em. Definitely more compact than the Colony endgame.

So what do you think the chances are Fantasy Flight will send you a truckload of cash and release Revelations as an official expansion? After playing with some of the modules a few times, I'd really love to have it to play in face to face games.

I suppose I could print the stuff out, but it's just not the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Itor
Scotland
Dundee
Angus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
checking in to lurk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Valen200 wrote:
checking in to lurk

I'm pretty sure these games wouldn't run if you weren't in the shadows lurking behind every one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still using the overpowered Scar card, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
Still using the overpowered Scar card, then?

Guilty as charged

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have reuploaded Seelix and Kelly, to reflect the changes.
Are the two people voting Kobol okay with Ionian Nebula?

We have some finishing discussion about the Cylon Powers over in the discussion thread (as in remaking half of them), plus my photoshop templates arrive (kiss tenshiko) in the evening, so I'll put up the final rules tonight, and we can get this puppy rolling tomorrow.

Meanwhile random player order is (highest goes first)
Vorpalgens 1d100 = (27) = 27
Turoscsusza 1d100 = (80) = 80
markino 1d100 = (3) = 3
Dexter345 1d100 = (2) = 2
Sandlewood99 1d100 = (62) = 62

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 137986. TDaver
  • 1d100 =
  • (27) =
  • Vorpalgens
  • Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:36 am
  • [+]
  • 137987. TDaver
  • 1d100 =
  • (80) =
  • Turoscsusza
  • [+]
  • 137988. TDaver
  • 1d100 =
  • (3) =
  • markino
  • [+]
  • 137989. TDaver
  • 1d100 =
  • (2) =
  • Dexter345
  • [+]
  • 137990. TDaver
  • 1d100 =
  • (62) =
  • Sandlewood99
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Players and characters wrote:
Turoscsusza - banner here - Full Draw
Sandlewood99 - banner here - starting draw here
Vorpalgens - banner here - starting draw here
markino - banner here - starting draw here
Dexter345 - banner here - starting draw here

Everyone except the first player will receive a Faith card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [41] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.