Subject: Dam Usage/Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
muddy sneakers
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't see any posts about it.

When you build a dam across a river, what are the rules for rerouting the river? Can you reroute the river in any way that follows the 'Run of the Rivers' rules? Or are you obliged to follow the path of the old river if your new river runs into it? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Meeks
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You use the Run of River rules. Are you talking about the rivers merging together? If they merge together they are a single river from that point on and may not seperate again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
muddy sneakers
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean when you dam river, do you clear the old river from the board and pretend it was never there when creating the new river or does/can the old river 'influence' the new river in any way? Can you criss-cross back and forth across the old river or are you obliged to follow it if the new river ever reaches it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Duisburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you place a dam on a river, you only remove the blocked river piece.

Then you start rerouting the river according to the rules. If, at any point, you enter space that already has a river (either the other one or the "old" one), the river will follow this river bed until it reaches the lakes.

Then, you remove the "unused" parts of the old river (i.e. all of them if you have a completely new river bed down to the lakes or you joined the other river at some point) or just the pieces between the newly placed dam and the place where you re-join the original river.

HTH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
muddy sneakers
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.