Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scautura _
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I admit, I'm socially inept/awkward/backward. I avoid social occasions wherever I can help it, so this is coming from left field.

I want to find somewhere I can play boardgames with people other than my wife (who, while she is happy to play with me, doesn't give me much variety in the way of socializing - don't get me wrong, we love spending time with each other!) I know of the Bracknell and District Wargamers, but I haven't done tabletop gaming since Space Marine 2nd Edition and Titan Legions (yep, we're talking a long time ago!) and it's not something I want to get back into. I know about Eclectic Games in Reading and their games evenings and even their all-day Saturday events (this Saturday is Open Boardgame Day) but I have a feeling it would be dangerous (in the monetary sense) for me to walk into a games store. I know about Mai Dun Gamers, but feel it might be too far for the amount of time spent - might also be problematic with timing against the rest of my day.

I'm open to board, card and roleplaying games (I used to love CP2020 and Shadowrun back in the day, not so much the fantasy genre though), just not tabletop gaming anymore. I'm not averse to trying heavyweight games, but I haven't played anything I would put in that category recently.

Any suggestions? I'm open to anything! I would even offer GG for good suggestions, but I'm a tad broke on that front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thirty Thirty
England
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why don't you check us out at The Woking Gaming Club? We are a friendly bunch that meets every Tuesday evening at the Sovs. It's absolutely free to join and new players are always welcome. We only play board games but could always do with more ameritrashers. Here's the link to our guild:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/855
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also Guildford who meet in a pub on a tuesday night which is a good social mix including several couples in case you wish to bring Mrs S
Guildford Gamers

Epsom run saturday events once a month and thursday nights
Epsom Games Club
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scautura _
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Epsom is definitely too far away (at least to start with, and for weekdays). The other options (and having looked at a map, even Maidenhead) are viable.

Time will tell, but you might see me at one of these in the not-too-distant future, although you might have to dig me out of a corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scautura wrote:
Epsom is definitely too far away....

Shame, you might fit in with many of us:
Scautura wrote:
I admit, I'm socially inept/awkward/backward.....

Not sure we have many (any?) of our current "regulars" who are into RPGs though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Robertson
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Bracknell last October, my wife and I enjoy playing board and card games.
Have been looking around for places to possible play some of the large collection of games I have, some never even played, so would be good to find somewhere.
Have a real mix of games so maybe just maybe we could help each other, either way if you know of any places let me know.

James & lynn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.