Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game out again and gave it another whirl, and I am still not feeling it. The wall phase that is initiated every time a tile is placed which results in scoring feels like the game is being interrupted, kind of like when I was a kid and the president came on during my favorite TV show. The whole game feels contrived to me. I would donate it to charity if my 9 year old didnt like it. But, I ordered FITS for him recently so maybe he won't request Carc City anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't speak for all Carc:City players, but I don't feel that way.

Placing guards is a crucial step in the wall process along with the towers and this is what differentiates it from other carc variants. It's not original carc partly for this reason. Also, once you hit the wall phase it really forces you to start to rework your strategy (if your opponent is good).

But hey, the good thing about this hobby is if you don't like one game, no big deal just trade it away and get something else. With 10,000s of titles in the BGG database there is surely bound to be some other things you'll like more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chandler
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me the wall is the point of the game. It provides teh most strategy and excitement for me. Trying to place certain features on the tiles in good scoring positions and still be teh one to put teh guard on the wall to score those points. It can be tense at times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also believe the walls are significant and do not break up the game. The wall, as mentioned, are very important to the game and knowing when to provoke them are critical to success or failure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Coyote
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
N O P E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.