Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently found and snatched up the 30th Anniversary Edition of Survive, and while waiting for my copy of the Giant Squid Expansion to show up from the BGG Store, I have read some of the threads here, and have started thinking about possible tweaks I might make to it, if I end up agreeing with some of the posts about weaknesses in it.

My ideas have mainly gone along the lines of making new components, namely:

1. A new (red) 8-sided die. This would include two Squid spaces in addition to all the spaces on the red D6. This is the easiest to implement: if nothing else I could use a regular D8 and assign values to the numbers.

2. New Squid tiles, parallel to the Whale tiles. This would therefore include 10 new tiles. I have thought of either playing all 50 to the board, or drawing 40 random tiles from the 50 available, and see which option I liked, if any. The biggest problem would be making the tiles. I could paint over extra tiles, but I wouldn't want to get a whole new set. And as I explained in this thread, it looks like the new tiles are thicker, so getting an older set may not help either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.