Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim O'Connell
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Should The Great Curse (All Special Powers (including those in decline, if any) are useless this turn. Racial Powers still apply) affect Cursed Races? So I can skip them and only pay 1 VP? We ruled that it did, as it is a special power, even if its only ability is to cost more when it isn't in play.

Played 2 player with The Gods Must Be Crazy last weekend. Was a tight battle, with only 1 VP scored on the last turn between us because The Kobold God came down, so we just went after the declined races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asbjørn Lie Parmer
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your interpretation of the rules is logical, since The Great Curse lifts all Special Powers. However, by "fantasy logic", a Great Curse would not lift another curse temporarily, and I think fantasy logic is more applicable than normal logic in this game So if it was up to me, I would still have players pay three coin to skip a Cursed Race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.